become an editor
the entire directory
only in Non-Fiction/Personal_Pages
- Redundancy in language and the capitalisation of ego. Civil liberties and orthography.
- Includes a bio, contact information, and text and audio downloads of the writer's upcoming memoir.
- Essay and writing, mainly on US and Japanese cultural differences and women's and family issues.
- A personal memoir of seventies design, unfortunate home improvements and life in Burbank, California in the 60's and 70's.
Barrington, R.A. - Private Correspondence
- Collection of thought-provoking letters, illustrated by paintings and photography.
Bassity, BC - CB's Stories: Creative Nonfiction
- Stories, and some writing about creative nonfiction. Humor and serious work combined.
Bielaski, Matthew - Lost Souls
- A collection of written work and commentary on human nature.
The Blue Box (Recycled Ideas) by Don Cox
- Monthly topics range from politics, to good food, to the oddities of life, and everything in between.
Blue, Tina - Out of the Blue
- Original essays on a wide variety of subjects of general interest.
Cartan, John - Cartania
- A life in essays and pictures.
Castro, Steven - Shape of the Universe
- A collection of philosophical thought on a variety of subjects.
Clark, Juliet - Giddyap, Napoleon, Small Time Bound
- Words and pictures by Juliet Clark: memoir, movie criticism, essays, comics.
Clifton, Chas S
- Personal columns, excerpts from books, and reviews.
- Memories of childhood crushes and first love.
- Features writing on news, politics, and the paranormal.
Endsleym, Scott C.
- The salvaged autobiographical accounts of Clyde P. Hipwing, about a manic depressive author.
Engelhart, L. Kurt
- Essays in philosophy and on society.
Escape Hedonist Hippydom
- Writing in several categories including indigenous foibles and frays, alternative economics like micro-credit, free-banking and community currency.
Franklin, John - Thoughts and Visions
- A collection of original essays. Subjects include education, politics, economics, psychology, science, music, literature, writing, architecture, and philosophy.
- A series of articles based upon the life of Charles Harris (Brick) Garrigues, California newspaperman, husband and father, as revealed in his letters and other writing.
Gladwell, Malcolm - Gladwell dot com
- An archive of New Yorker articles by the author and information about his book.
- Various and sundry essays, photos, drawings, and quotes.
- Essays critical of government and organized religion.
Levine, David - Wicked Cool Mouth-Offs
- Short essays on everything from god, to money, to sex, and stupidity.
Maclean, Stu - Writings from the Outside
- The personal philosophies of Stu Maclean. Includes a complete anthology of his works.
The Media Desk
- Journalist, freelancer, humorist, and professional observer Levite covers sports, religion, politics, with essays and humor thrown in for good measure.
- A mixture of articles geared at helping writers in various ways.
Moss, Sheila - Humor Columnist
- Introduction and index page to articles of an online columnist.
The National Cynical Network Words
- A collection of humorous pieces, poetry, and essays written by Phineas Narco.
- Using humor to sketch ideas, two people defining ourselves through pictures and prose.
The Official Cynics View Website
- A collection of both humorous and serious essays, dedicated to the cynic in all of us.
Outside the World is New
- Daily blogs, photography, driftwood, uneven archives, and other articles.
- Stories about the funeral of Chile's Orlando Letelier, attending an anti-war demonstration in the 1970's and living in Los Angeles during the Rodney King riots.
Quiet Little Cycles
- Embrace the meltdown with some ramblings from Tiger Beat heartthrob Matt Sedik.
- Random ramblings.
Rowe, Sam - Synthetic Sam
- Observations, realizations, complaints, and the daily hoo-ba-doo of Life.
Ruth Oron, Essayist
- Articles on peace and war, motherhood, marriage, and art: from the viewpoint of Aesthetic Realism, the philosophy founded by Eli Siegel.
Sass, Adam - Literate Lemur Endeavours
- Features photo exhibits, philosophical essays, and personal commentary.
Sealander, John - The Road to Nowhere
- Essays that take a humorous look at American life in the 90s.
- Provides a proposed solution to the mind-matter controversy.
Shirley, John - The Skeptical Believer Site
- The author rants on political corruption and conspiracy theory.
True Adventure Cowboy Short Stories
- True adventures of a South American cowboy told from his perspective.
- She's a writer, writing from time to time. It's not a journal and certainly not a diary. It's what she does.
Welcome to Hell, Would you Like Fries with That?
- Writings, and other thoughts.
- Professor Emeritus of Sociology, University of British Columbia now living in Brooklyn, New York. Provides information on writings.
White, Sarah Bracey - The Writings Of
- A self-examination of the life and times of a South Carolina born author and professor Sarah White and her journey to professional growth and self-acceptance.
Wilhelm, Rich - The Dichotomy of the Dog
- Weekly columns reminiscent of The New Yorker.
- Information on culture, literature and arts, through academic works, essays, texts, suggestions, references and reviews.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 23, 2014 at 5:45:06 UTC -