become an editor
the entire directory
only in Singers/Voice_Types
Open Directory - Arts: Music: Vocal: Singers: Voice Types
(Un)official Countertenor Homepage, The
- Directory of mini biographies of countertenors. Other music links.
History of the Tenor Voice
- Paper from the first international conference on Physiology and Acoustics of Singing (PAS), held in the Netherlands in 2002.
Special Considerations in the Training of the Bass Singer
- Page from VoiceTeacher.com defines differences between basso profundo, basso cantablie (or lyrical bass), and bass-baritone.
Urban Dictionary: Contralto
- Offers several informal definitions contributed by submitters.
Voice Definitions and Ranges
- Explains how the names of polyphonic parts were adapted to identify voice types, with emphasis on the tenor and countertenor.
- Defines the singing range as lower than tenor but higher than bass, with subclassifications including lyric, bel canto and dramatic.
- Lengthy article describes vocal quality and typical range for subtypes from coloratura to dramatic, with a list of soprano roles in the operatic and musical theater repertoire.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, February 13, 2012 9:15:06 AM EST -