become an editor
the entire directory
only in Classical/Countertenors
Open Directory - Arts: Music: Vocal: Singers: Classical: Countertenors
Arts: Music: Styles: E: Early Music: Performers: Vocal and Choral
Arts: Music: Vocal: Singers: Voice Types
This category in other languages:
- English countertenor. Has participated in a large variety of works from different periods, including classical opera. Biography mentions performance for Queen Beatrice of the Netherlands.
- English countertenor. Well-known for his performance of contemporary and early music.
- American sopranist. Specializes in baroque and classical music but has also sung in modern works.
Del Pozo, Rodrigo
- Chilean haute-contre. He has performed with most of the leading baroque groups. Site contains several reviews, including some from Goldberg, Gramophone and BBC.
- English countertenor. Pioneer in countertenor singing and authentic early music performance.
- French countertenor. Focuses on classical and baroque music. [English, French and German]
- American countertenor. Particularly known for solo roles in baroque and contemporary opera. In 1988, he was the first countertenor to sing a major role at the Metropolitan Opera. He's a founding member of the Italian vocal ensemble Il Terzo Suono.
- Italian sopranist. He has dedicated himself to the rediscovery of the historic repertoire of castrati. Known for his special vocal technique where only the front parts of the vocal chords vibrate.
- British sopranist. Specializes in classical works but has also appeared in contemporary works. He spent a year at the Schola Cantorum Basiliensis where he studied with Evelyn Tubb and Andreas Scholl.
- American haute-contre. Sang music of various types but emphasized early music. He was a founding member of Greenberg's New York Pro Musica. Operatic roles include appearances at the Royal Opera House and Convent Garden.
- English countertenor. Sings classical and baroque operas and oratorios. He was awarded the Curtis Gold Medal for singing. He studies with Michael Chance and Dinah Harris.
Ragin, Derek Lee
- American countertenor. Specializes in baroque music but also sings contemporary music. He provided part of the famous castrato's voice in the 1994 film "Farinelli".
- Austrian sopranist. Specializes in baroque opera but has also sung in romantic and contemporary operas. He has sung in various opera houses throughout Europe including the Paris Opera de la Bastille. [English and German]
- German countertenor. Specializes in baroque music but is also a pop composer and singer. He was the first countertenor and German to sing at The Last Night of the Proms.
- French countertenor. Especially known for his work in baroque opera but also performs contemporary music frequently.
- American countertenor. Participates in classical and modern works.
- German sopranist. Specializes in baroque works written for castrati but has also sung romantic and contemporary work. [English and German]
- Ukrainian countertenor. Sang classical music and variety of other music as well.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, October 2, 2013 3:45:04 PM EDT -