become an editor
the entire directory
only in Theory/Tuning_Systems
Magazines and E-zines
Alternate Temperaments: Theory and Philosophy
- Introduction to tuning systems, based on the Western cents system. Written by Terry Blackburn.
Dictionary of Microtonal Music Theory
- Dictionary of common terms used in just tuning and equal temperament style tunings.
- Includes information on the differences between equal temperament and well temperament and why Bach rejected equal temperament and celebrated well temperament.
Historical Tunings on the Modern Concert Grand
- Tradational tunings of the grand piano and Beethoven's specific tunings.
An Introduction to Historical Tunings
- Discusses the development of tuning systems in Medieval Europe.
Justonic Tuning Inc.
- Pitch Palette software tunes a microtunable synthesizer to just intonation, world scales, historic scales and user scales in real time.
Keyboard temperament analyzer/calculator
- Excel spreadsheet that analyzes keyboard temperaments: gives beat rates for tuning, and harmonic-tension charts in all keys.
- Previously unknown temperament found on the autograph title page of the "Well-Tempered Clavier"; published 2005. Includes explanations and links to scholarly articles.
Pythagorean Tuning and Medieval Polyphony
- Article by Margo Schulter written in 1998.
- Tool for the study of temperament anomalies.
World Scale Depository
- Construction of a reference center of scale measurements throughout the world.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 27, 2013 at 18:15:05 UTC -