become an editor
the entire directory
only in Rhythm_and_Blues/Funk
Rhythm and Blues
Bands and Artists
Arts: Music: Styles: J: Jazz: Jazz Funk
This category in other languages:
Bold Soul Sisters
- Tribute to the unsung heroines of '70s-early 80s funk, soul, disco, and rare groove music. Features audio, pictures, links, and quasi-biographies on female artists that are difficult to find.
The Funk Palace
- Modern bands, old-school bands, links to other funk resources, and pictures.
- Record reviews, highlights famous and little known current funk music, as well as offering a radio show, artist interviews & concert listings. Expert on all things related to Prince.
- Curates genre-bending, funky music from around the world. Creates Spotify playlists and articles about the labels and musicians making eclectic funk music.
- Funk music, Blaxploitation movies, and Toasts (Black oral folk poetry).
Funky and Groovy Music Records Lexikon
- Reference guide and discographies of thousands of LPs, 45s, and CDs, and pictures of rare LP covers and 45 labels.
- Hyperlinked definition with cross-referenced influences books, images, and list of bands.
- Sells vinyl records and hard to find out of print jazz and funk records.
- Black music/culture site. Funk, soul and rhythm and blues artists. Related political, social and historical perspective/context. Essays, album/book reviews.
- Curate and compile dynamic, funky music from around the world, explain the artists' stories in detail, and offer free mixes, as well as paid new records. They master new releases and remix hip-hop, Reggae, funk, and African music.
The Soul Shack Radio Show
- Rhythm and Blues Oldies, Northern Soul, Funk, and Blues - 1950-1980. Hosted by Scott Relf and Johnny Rivera from Winnipeg, Canada.
Soul Sister's Funk Hut
- Home of Soul Power, rare and obscure funk and soul grooves.
- US-based webzine that emphasizes music and culture involving heavy beats. Genres include 70s funk, hip hop, jazz, and rock. Streaming audio, features, MP3s, and reviews.
- Resource on funk and hip hop music. It traces all the connections between hip hop and funk primarily via the use of samples. Includes samples and a reverse search to see how many people sampled the original funk music.
- Curates eclectic, soulful, funky music from around the world. They write in depth, original articles about funk, soul, electronic and genre-bending music, as well as the musicians and labels that make this kind of music (both new releases and older influential music and artists).
Usenet rec.music.funky -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 30, 2016 at 7:55:47 UTC -