become an editor
the entire directory
only in Jazz/Resources
Open Directory - Arts: Music: Styles: J: Jazz: Resources
Amherst College: Jazz
- Jazz Studies program including e-zines, artist and genre guides, web-cast radio stations, photography, and academic departments and offices.
- Offers Louis Armstrong transcriptions, improvisation lessons, and play-along accompaniments.
- Free downloads of original printable sheet music by jazz pianist, composer, and author G. F. Mlely, a resident of Hawaii. Archives, commentary, and links.
- The largest public research jazz archive in Europe offers books, periodicals, recordings, posters and memorabilia for scholars and enthusiasts, a municipal project of Darmstadt, Germany. Online biographies and bibliographies. In English and German.
- Jazz CD reviews with news, artist interviews, photography and charts.
- Offers profiles of well known artists, interviews with contemporary jazz musicians, and a collection of off-beat jazz anecdotes.
- UK company offers e-zine with gig schedules and performance reviews, summer school led by saxophonist Jamey Aebersold, online store, and London Orchestrations, a subsidiary selling printed arrangements.
- Hosting musicians' web sites with artist profiles and links to downloads and sales of music and software.
Montreux Sounds Records
- Database listing performers, set lists and track lists searchable by year or by artist for the Montreux Jazz Festival, 1967 to the present. Links to CD shopping.
Professor Andrey's Jazz Laboratory
- Discographies including Ric Colbeck, Mike Osborne, Alan Shorter and Miroslav Vitous as well as autographs, articles and links.
Real Book Listening Guide
- Links to audio samples for each tune in the Real Book first edition, with shopping links to the legal sixth edition, and a tune-by-tune comparison of differences between the two.
Suite 101: Jazz
- Articles on topics such as bebop, swing, the big bands, Ellington and Basie.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 11:24:07 PM EST -