the entire directory
only in Jazz/Organizations
Open Directory - Arts: Music: Styles: J: Jazz: Organizations
This category in other languages:
Arkansas Jazz Heritage Foundation
- a non-profit organization dedicated to educating the general public about the historical significance of Arkansas' musical heritage. It sponsors jazz performances by musicians with Arkansas connections and educational clinics for high school and college musicians throughout the state.
The Banff Centre
- a Canadian learning centre dedicated to the arts, leadership development, and mountain culture. The Centre hosts an International Workshop in Jazz and Creative Music and the Hugh Fraser Jazz Orchestra Workshop.
The Boogie-woogie Preservation Society
- UK-based organisation dedicated to the preservation of Boogie-Woogie piano playing. Features events, players and links to related sites.
Brookfield Jazz Society
- Holds weekly meetings and free jazz events in and around Brookfield, Illinois.
Clifford Brown Jazz Foundation
- Promotes jazz as an art form with education and performances. The organization sponsors an instrument loan program, scholarships, workshops and lessons.
Friends of Big Band Jazz
- A non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation and promotion of Big Band Jazz, supporting the Mike Vax Jazz Orchestra and the Mike Vax Big Band.
- Photos of jazz events with bulletin board for jazz fans in Goa, India.
Illawarra Jazz Club
- Australian, non-profit organisation whose aim is to promote jazz and have lots of fun.
International Association of Jazz Record Collectors
- Dedicated to the promotion of jazz recordings and jazz history, the IAJRC maintains a searchable catalog and lending library. The association also publishes a quarterly journal and holds an annual convention.
Jazz at Lincoln Center
- New York based organization led by artistic director Wynton Marsalis. Includes recordings, broadcasts and performance schedule for the resident Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra, information on guest performers and educational programs, and essays by Stanley Crouch.
- Sells recordings on behalf of musicians contributing a portion of proceeds to musicians and organizations affected by disasters like Hurricane Katrina.
The Jazz Foundation of America
- Assists musicians by providing emergency funds and instruments, and free or low-cost medical care in the New York area.
Jazz Society of Oregon
- Based in Portland; sponsors jazz festivals and workshops, offers CD reviews in its Jazzscene Magazine, and a jazz calendar of events.
- Belgian organization promoting modern jazz music. Produces quarterly magazine, CD recordings, concerts.
Latin Jazz Network
- Online project dedicated to promoting Latin jazz music and artists. Contains news, reviews, events, interviews, and artists' profiles.
NEJA - New England Jazz Alliance
- NEJA promotes jazz in New England and has created the New England Jazz Hall of Fame, a travelling roadshow in search of a permanent home. The organization is a resource for area performances and outreach programs.
Potomac River Jazz Club
- A non-profit society devoted to preserving, encouraging and promoting the playing of traditional /dixieland / ragtime jazz.
Puget Sound Traditional Jazz Society
- PSTJS provides information on traditional jazz concerts, bands, musicians and radio shows in the Seattle area. The PSTJS also sponsors area events and CD compilations.
SEMJA - Southeastern Michigan Jazz Association
- SEMJA, supporting jazz and jazz education in SE Michigan. With monthly newsletter, local calendar, and reviews of concerts and recordings.
SFJAZZ, the San Francisco Jazz Organization
- A non-profit presenting arts organization dedicated to advancing the art of jazz through concerts, education programs, discussions, listening parties, and cultural events.
- Non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the musical legacy of the Gennett Record company, which recorded some of the earliest and most significant jazz records in the 1920s and 30s.
The Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz
- Its mission is to offer the world's most promising young musicians college level training by America's jazz masters and to present public school-based jazz education programs for young people around the globe.
Treasure Coast Jazz Society
- Sponsors jazz performances to Vero Beach FL. Offers scholarships to promising high school seniors.
The Victorian Jazz Club
- Australia-based organization promoting jazz bands and individual musicians. Features mp3s and event links.
Jazz Lifeline to Academia Severed
- NY Times article reports bankruptcy filing by the 10,000-member International Association of Jazz Educators. (April 26, 2008)
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 14, 2013 at 13:35:05 UTC -