the entire directory
only in Education/Camps_and_Workshops
Camps and Workshops
Arts: Music: Education: Courses and Lessons: Camps and Workshops
This category in other languages:
Aebersold Summer Jazz Workshops
- Includes on-line application, schedule, workshop information, links, and contact.
Birch Creek Music
- Summer music school and concert venue located on Wisconsin's Door County peninsula. Provides information on student admissions, jazz and orchestra programs, academy sessions, concerts, tickets, news, and links.
California Brazil Camp
- Offers a week-long study of Brazilian music, percussion, and dance in the California Redwoods. Contains overview, programs, and contact information.
Cambridge Jazz Cooperative
- Programme and general information about weekly jazz workshops held in Cambridge, UK.
CampJazz, Delaware Water Gap, PA
- One week long jazz camp for Grades 8-12 at Delaware Water Gap, PA. Teachers include saxophonist Phil Woods.
Cathy Segal Garcia, jazz singer
- L.A. based jazz singer, recording artist, educator, and composer. Provides reviews, teaching techniques, biography, and links.
Centrum Jazz Workshop
- Offers jazz workshop held in Port Townsend, Washington. Includes workshops, events, residencies, news, and contact page.
Chicago Jazz Workshop
- Summer workshop for ages 13–20 For Residential and Non-Residential Students
- Jazz workshops in England and Wales
College Audition Preparation Workshops, Indiana University USA
- CAP offers intense study with your future college audition panel members, or people like them. You will learn what they think and what they want to hear.
Crowden Music Center
- The Crowden School hosts the Alternative Styles String Camp, teaching string players the how-to's of jazz, blues, fiddle, Klezmer, rock. Faculty are national performers and clinicians. All ages and levels welcome.
- Derby (UK) Jazz site, including summer school details.
Dordogne Jazz Summer School, France
- An Annual residential jazz summer school in south west France. Information on tutors, location and cost.
Global Music Foundation
- Residential seminars, music workshops and events in different countries - for the sharing of knowledge, in an atmosphere of openess and friendliness embracing oral and written traditions from around the planet.
Great Basin Jazz Band Camp
- College of Southern Idaho, Twin Falls, 5 Day Camp for students 15-up.
Hayward La Honda Music Camp
- Camp located in La Honda, CA devoted to the development of musicianship for students' grades 6-12. Offers program agenda, courses, master classes, recreation, registration, and application.
International Music Camp
- Offers cultural study events for children, and adults including music, dance, and visual arts. Contains information about classes, conductors, dates, fees, and performances.
Jazz Course UK
- Educator Rob Hall offers advanced summer workshops in Edinburgh, and beginning and intermediate programs in Glasgow and Cambridge. Curriculum, venue, news.
Jazz in America
- Thelonious Monk Jazz Institute offers public school-based jazz education programs for young people around the world. Contains timeline, resources, jazz images, important firsts, glossary, links, and sound samples.
Jazz School UK
- Offers a wide range of regular activities and courses for players of all levels. Based in Northamptonshire, England.
Jazz Summer School
- Clive Fenner's Mediterranean jazz school in the south of France, and the Cuban jazz school in Havana. Jazz education for students of all experience and improvisation levels.
Jazz Vermont - Big Band Camp for Adults
- Annually held in Stratton Mountain, Vermont, offering a Big Band camp to live the life of a musician and nothing else for 5 1/2 days. Schedule, questions and answers, comments, and contact page.
Jazz workshop at Frensham
- A two-week workshop for all levels, and a masterclass for teachers-to-be with Yochk'o Seffer. Part of the 6th Musical Summer of Frensham Heights in Surrey UK.
Jazz Workshop Australia
- Jazz music lessons in Sydney. They offer private music lessons, ensembles, combos, holiday workshops and masterclasses. Located in St Leonards near Crows Nest.
The Jazz Workshop Rickmansworth, UK
- An informal co-operative venture run by musicians for musicians in the South East Buckinghamshire/South West Hertfordshire area of the UK.
- Provides an annual, eight day intensive jazz education and performance program for adults and older teens; takes place in La Honda, California. Offers guest artist residence, fees/enrollment links, schedule, history, and brochure.
The KU Jazz Workshop
- Week-long instruction emphasizing combo performance for grades 8 to 12. Provides printable application form, fees, clinicians, daily schedules, and brochures.
Lafayette Summer Music Workshop
- Held in Lafayette, CA. Offers schedule, application, photos, and Big Band seminar.
- An accomplished bass player living in Houston, Texas, specializing in jazz, and classical music. Lex is available for seminars, and musical engagements, and plays professionally with The Lex Valk Trio.
Maine Jazz Camp
- Since 1979, this camp has been introducing jazz to students from all over Maine and beyond. Offers program types, faculty, curriculum, application, and general information.
Mammoth Lakes Jazz Camp
- Program for ages 13 to 17 held each July in conjunction with the jazz festival at Sacramento, California.
- Based in London, United Kingdom, MEhr Clef organises jazz courses, masterclasses, workshops, tuition and live jazz events.
- A jazz musician, arranger, and educator who has served on the music faculty of several universities, and has an extensive clinic schedule. Provides biography, arranging, teaching, and performing techniques, schedule, and contact.
National Music Camp of Canada
- A band, orchestra, Jazz, and music theater camp (ages 9 - 19) located in Orillia. Contains general information, location, testimonials, faculty, news, photos, fees, and contact.
New York Jazz Workshop
- New York Jazz Workshop, offers courses, master classes, workshops, and private lessons in the heart of New York City. The faculty is comprised of talented musicians such as Mike Longo, Marc Mommaas, Tony Moreno, Vic Juris and George Coleman Jr.
New York Summer Music Festival (NYSMF)
- 2, 4, or 6 week sessions available for music students ages 10-25. Programs offered in Orchestra, Band, Jazz, Choir, Composition, Computer Music, Music Theatre, Chamber Music, and a variety of music, acting, and filmmaking courses. Located on the SUNY Oneonta Campus, Oneonta, NY.
Play Jazz Weekend
- The site describes the Play Jazz Weekend held annually at Wiltshire Music Centre in Bradford on Avon, UK. It provides information about the tutors, programme,costs and how to book a place.
School of Improvised Music
- SIM is a core group of musicians committed to creating an affordable school for emerging performers. Has information describing the faculty and staff, workshop series, private lessons, off-site clinics, and contact.
- The San Francisco Jazz Organization is the host of many jazz events as well as a supporter of jazz education offering clinics and workshops.
Sierra Jazz Society - Jazz Camp
- Jazz Camp in Grass Valley, California for all ages and levels, all instruments and voice. Taught by experienced professional musicians with Bill Douglass, Artistic Director. July 15-19, Location: Nevada City School of the Arts, Nevada County, California, 1 hr east of Sacramento.
Southend Jazz Co-op, UK
- A collection of jazz musicians who meet every Saturday morning to play jazz, with tuition and occasional concerts.
Stanford Jazz Workshop
- Summer jazz workshop in Stanford, California, offers programs for beginner and advanced students and a summer camp for children between the ages of 12-17.
Trinity summer jazz course, London
- The website for the new Summer Trinity jazz course, which is a one week course at Trinity College of Music, located at the Old Royal Naval College, Greenwich, London.
Tritone Jazz Camp
- This jazz camp offers adult jazz players and singers the opportunity to learn and play in a friendly environment, supported by a faculty of caring, supportive, professional jazz musicians and educators. Current camp locations include Rochester, NY and Baileys Harbor, WI
UNF Jazz Camp
- University of Northern Florida's five day summer jazz camp held annually in Jacksonville, Florida.
University of North Texas Jazz Workshops
- Jazz studies for combos, trumpet/trombone, jazz bass, drumset, and vocals. Includes schedule, registration, and contact.
University of Washington Jazz Workshop
- A week long jazz workshop geared to high school jazz students
- Two-day weekend immersion workshop in Nevada for aspiring jazz vocalists (accepting only six vocalists)founded by jazz vocalist Madeline Eastman.
VT Summer Music Camp
- Offers camp for band, jazz band, and chamber ensembles for Rising 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th Graders. Includes application form, musical activities, recreational activities, fees, and housing.
Yellowstone Instrumental Jazz Camp
- This camp features large and small jazz ensemble instruction. Provides faculty information, audition requirements, camp application, schedule, and location.
Camps and Workshops
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 5, 2014 at 4:16:04 UTC -