the entire directory
only in Education/Academic_Departments
Arts: Music: Education: Academic Departments
- [Amherst, MA, US] Offers a major in music with a concentration in jazz. Ensembles, combos, calendar, courses, faculty, and events.
The Brubeck Institute at the University of the Pacific
- Offering fellowships, jazz camp, summer jazz colony, and jazz archives for developing artists. Includes news, contact, programs, calendar, sponsors, special events, and staff biographies.
East Carolina University
- [Greenville, NC, US] Offers bachelor's degree majoring in jazz. Courses include jazz vocals as well as instrumental performance, history, arranging and composition. Calendar, audition requirements.
Eastman School of Music
- [Rochester, NY, US] Courses and four-year degrees available in jazz and contemporary media studies at the University of Rochester. Audition and admissions procedures.
Humber College: Music
- [Toronto, Ontario, CA] Offers degree programs and part-time studies in jazz at the School of Creative and Performing Arts.
New School Jazz and Contemporary Music Program
- The jazz program at this New York City university offers BFA degrees in jazz performance as well as composition and arranging. Offers FAQs and downloadable application form.
Oberlin Conservatory of Music
- [Oberlin, OH, US] Offers four-year degrees concentrating in jazz composition and performance with required courses in classical theory and history. Faculty, curriculum, artist residences, notable jazz alumni, and news.
- [Newark, NJ, US] Master's degree program in jazz history and research utilizes the large collection of books, images and audio records kept at the Institute of Jazz Studies, a part of the university library system established in 1952. Course listing, online participation, thesis requirement.
- [Truro, Cornwall, UK] Offers bachelor degree in contemporary world jazz studies in cooperation with the University of Plymouth. Map, course and instructor details.
University Of Central Oklahoma Jazz Lab
- [Edmond, OK, US] Offering Master of Music in Jazz Studies either in performance or commercial music production, also open to non-majors. Lab features live jazz with pizza.
University of North Florida
- [Jacksonville, FL, US] Offers undergraduate music degrees including a Bachelor of Music in Jazz Studies. Detailed faculty profiles including performance and educational qualifications, performance calendar, news, facilities, instrumental and vocal ensembles.
University of North Texas
- [Denton, TX, US] Significant center for big band jazz offering bachelor's and master's degrees, awarded first college degree in jazz in 1949. Recordings available from One O'Clock Lab Band, alumni news, calendar of events, audition procedures.
University of South Florida: Jazz Studies
- [Tampa, Florida] Offering bachelor's and master's degrees in jazz performance and composition. Admission and audition procedures, scheduled guest lecture-performances, faculty profiles.
Vancouver Island University
- [Nanaimo, BC, Canada] Two-year diploma program from institution also offering bachelor's degree in classical music. Faculty, admissions, careers, and links.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 14, 2013 at 13:24:03 UTC -