become an editor
the entire directory
only in Big_Band/Bands_and_Artists
Bands and Artists
Open Directory - Arts: Music: Styles: J: Jazz: Big Band: Bands and Artists
Connick, Harry, Jr.
Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra
Arts: Music: Bands and Artists
Arts: Music: Styles: J: Jazz: Bands and Artists
Arts: Music: Styles: J: Jazz: Swing: Bands and Artists
Arts: Music: Styles: V: Vocal: Traditional Pop: Bands and Artists
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Arts and Entertainment: Music: Styles: Jazz: Big Band: Bands and Artists
Regional: North America: Canada: Arts and Entertainment: Music: Styles: Jazz: Big Band: Bands and Artists
Regional: Oceania: Australia: Arts and Entertainment: Music: Styles: Jazz: Big Band: Bands and Artists
This category in other languages:
Art Abrams Swing Machine Big Band
- Portland, Oregon area based band. Contains news, profile, recordings and information on their support of music education.
Atlanta Blue Notes, The
- Nineteen-piece band offers history, schedule of engagements, booking information, arrangements for sale, play list, fund-raising ideas, links, and sample songs.
Auburn Knights Orchestra
- College band founded in 1930 at Auburn University, playing swing tunes past and present. Contains a photo gallery, guest book, band history, performance schedule, alumni and reunion information, newsletter archive, song samples, repertoire, and booking and auditioning information.
Baton Rouge Jazz Ensemble
- Nineteen piece orchestra made up of volunteer musicians. Personnel, photos, schedule.
Bedford Big Band
- A non-profit 23-piece big band entertaining Southern New Hampshire with music from the swing era. Member profiles, song list, auditions, rehearsal schedule, scrapbook, guest book, contact information, events schedule, and links.
Bensen-Scott Big Band
- [Westechester, NY, US] Trumpeters Regent Scott and Gene Bensen lead band playing charts from Basie, Ellington, Ferguson, and Nestico. Photos, gig schedule, MP3 audio samples.
- Drummer leading the modern-day Gene Krupa Orchestra also offers tributes to Harry James, Buddy Rich and Nelson Riddle at venues in the US and Europe. History, shows, reviews, photos.
Big Band East
- Sixteen-piece orchestra based in the Hamptons, Long Island, US offers photos, press releases, photos, schedule and contact details.
Big Band Sound, The
- A 20-member big band based in Poughkeepsie, New York. Event calendar, CD information, sound clips, song list, photo gallery, radio guide, and links to big band related sites.
Big Band Theory
- Neither a whimper nor a big bang, this nineteen-piece ensemble is made up of rocket scientists and technicians from the Jet Propulsion Laboratory at Pasadena, California. Photos and newspaper reviews of tunes like "Fly Me to the Moon."
Big Daddy Orchestra
- San Diego, California based big band. Contains biography, song list, and calendar.
Bill Dayton Big Band
- Baltimore-based group led by Sandra Dayton on vocals and Steve Richwine on trumpet. Performance schedule, band profile, song list, audio and video samples, testimonials, contact information, pictures, musician credits.
Bill Porter Orchestra
- Chicago based. Photo gallery, audio and video clips, guest book, a list of past engagements, and information on booking the band.
Bob Hoose And His Orchestra
- Florida band led by vocalist Bob Hoose. Schedule, audio, video, merchandise, booking information.
British Dance Bands
- Message board and discussion forum for fans of the British dance bands and popular music of the 1920's, 1930's and 1940's.
Brooks Tegler's Capital Combinations
- [Washington, DC] Singing drummer leading quartet, sextet, and the World War II Big Band. Calendar, audio, CD sales.
Central Heat Big Band
- Volunteer orchestra from the Netherlands with a repertoire including Basie, Sinatra and Mintzer. Photos, audio, CD shopping, in English and Dutch.
Chicago Jazz Ensemble
- History of the jazz orchestra, performance schedule and ticket sales, sound files, and biography of the late Bill Russo, conductor and founder.
City Rhythm Orchestra
- Pennsylvania big band available for weddings and parties. Music samples, CDs, video clips, upcoming shows, information on their radio show, biographies, links, reviews, repertoire, photo gallery, contact and booking information.
The Cleveland Jazz Orchestra
- Large ensemble formed in 1984. Biographies, sound and video samples, merchandise information, history, and schedule.
Crabtowne Big Band
- Eighteen piece band from the Annapolis, Baltimore and Washington area. News, promotional information, CDs, audio clips, a FAQ, guest book, searchable music library, list of members, schedule and booking information.
Crazy Rhythm Hot Society Orchestra
- Eleven-piece band from Los Alamitos, California, re-creating hot jazz, sweet music and novelty tunes of the 1920s and early 30s as transcribed from 78 RPM records. Promotional information, reviews, upcoming shows, recordings, musician biographies, news, mailing list and a list of links.
Dayton Jazz Orchestra
- Ohio big band homepages include history, biographies, driving directions, photo gallery, schedule of events and cd information.
Dick Campo Big Band
- Based in New England, playing swing and big band music. Band information, repertoire list, contact information and a FAQ.
Difficult Run Jazz Band
- [Washington, DC] 18-piece big band established 1981, playing for dances, corporate events and concerts. Photos, history, MP3 audio, list of songs and arrangers including Wolpe, Nestico and Hefti as well as charts from Glenn Miller, Kenton and Buddy Rich.
Doc Scantlin's Imperial Palms Orchestra
- 1920's to 30's style big band in Washington, D.C. Playing music internationally. Band leader biography, music samples, photo album, booking information, reviews, and upcoming shows.
Don Burns Orchestra
- Twenty-piece big band playing 1940s hit arrangements for events in Ohio and western Pennsylvania. Band member list, performance schedule, audio song samples, photo galleries.
Enroughty, Joe and his Royal Virginians
- Richmond, Virginia based 12 piece big band with 2 vocalists. Includes band profile and upcoming events.
GCB Big Band
- A 16-piece jazz and swing band with a repertoire of many musical styles. Includes gig calendar, photos from a Queensland tour, and player profiles.
Gerry Barrett Swing Orchestra
- Trumpeter-led Boston-area swing and dance orchestra. FAQ, schedule, songlist.
Gold Coast Society Dance Band
- Sixteen-piece orchestra based in Miami, Florida. Photos.
Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band
- 18-piece jazz ensemble; celebrates and personifies the big band tradition with a contemporary and original sound. Biographies, sound clips, schedule, press, and products for sale.
In the Mood
- Milwaukee group playing danceable swing and standards in the 1940s style. Features song list, schedule and links.
Indianapolis Jazz Orchestra
- Jazz ensemble with sixteen pieces plus vocalists. Performance schedule, sound samples, band member biographies and photo gallery.
Janne Ersson Big Band
- Swedish drummer Ersson leads powerhouse Buddy Rich tribute band. Photos, audio, dates of European and Australian tours.
Jazz Express Big Band
- [Waukesha, Wisconsin] Twenty-piece group playing original jazz compositions and arrangements as well as charts from Basie, Ellington, Herman, Kenton, Ferguson, and the more traditional swing bands. Photos, performance schedule, bookings.
Jim Widner Big Band
- Official band site featuring itinerary of jazz camps, concerts, festivals and information on CDs.
John Clark Big Band
- Group plays for concerts, weddings and parties in southern New Jersey and the Philadelphia area. Song list, personnel, upcoming shows.
Johnny Knorr Orchestra
- Saxophonist-led orchestra features vocalist Gay Hobbs at Ohio weddings and dances. Newsletter signup, radio directory, audio samples, bookings.
Jump City Jazz Orchestra
- Seventeen piece swing orchestra from Audubon, Pennsylvania. News, booking information, member information, song clips, show dates, band history, and information on side bands.
Jump Street Swing Band
- Detroit-based 18-piece band with vocalists playing classic swing arrangements. Photos, RealAudio samples including "Satin Doll" and "Blue Moon."
Krivda, Ernie and The Fat Tuesday Big Band
- Eighteen piece Cleveland band. Features news and reviews, biography, Real Audio song samples and booking information.
- Swing Era big band leader. Site contains a biography, information about his band, his movies, and his songs. Additionally, information on a documentary being made about his career.
Legends of Swing
- Claremont, California based big band led by trombonist Gary Tole. Contains profile, contact information, and related links.
Les DeMerle Orchestras, The
- Big band performing at the Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island, with vocalist Bonnie Eisele. Contains history, discography, audio samples, reviews and a calendar.
Little Big Band
- Fifteen-piece orchestra based in Amston, Connecticut, playing for weddings, dances and concerts, with gig schedule, FAQs, testimonials, and CD sales.
- San Francisco Bay area seventeen-piece dance band playing big band swing and ballroom dances. Photos, song list, MP3 audio, scheduled events.
Metropole Big Band
- Bass trombonist Rene Laanen supplies English-language page for this precision recording group from the Netherlands. Musician photos, CDs, bookings, link to main site in Dutch.
Metropolitan Jazz Orchestra
- Sixteen-piece orchestra from Denver offers photo, history, composition, playlist and upcoming events, as well as useful music-lover links.
Mike Henebry Orchestra
- Big band playing tunes from the Swing Era, playing parties, concerts and weddings. Located in Los Alamitos, California. Band profile, contact information, calendar of public engagements, their CD, mailing list, and a few links.
- Smooth singing bandleader known for hits such as "Racing With the Moon." Sheet music gallery, publicity photos including shots taken at Fenway Park for the Boston Red Sox, links to band personnel.
Mood Swings Big Band
- Baltimore based. Performance schedule, online booking form, mailing list, band profile, song list, auditions, links, contact information.
Moonlight Serenade Orchestra, The
- [San Diego, CA, US] Swing and dance band. Upcoming events, links, song list, photos.
- Sacramento big band. Profile, photos, recordings, links.
The Mulligan Mosaics Big Band
- Chicago group, led by baritone saxophonist Ted Hogarth, performs the music of Gerry Mulligan. Performs, educates, digitizes Mulligan's music, and develops new music.
North Carolina Jazz Repertory Orchestra
- Large performance ensemble playing arrangements by writers such as Duke Ellington, Don Sebesky, and Thad Jones, affiliated with the North Carolina Jazz Foundation.
Philadelphia Legends of Jazz Orchestra
- Sixteen-piece big band with veteran musicians conducted by Leon Mitchell, playing charts from the 1940s, 50s and 60s, the golden age of Philadelphia jazz. Audio sample.
Radio Days Dance Orchestra
- A fourteen-piece dance orchestra, playing popular music from the 1920's, 30's and 40's.
Radio King Orchestra
- Washington big band. Sample tracks, CDs, schedule, photos, links, reviews.
Renee Wood's After Hours Big Band
- [Willow Springs, MO, US] Playing jazz and swing with full horn sections. Schedule including dates West Plains Opera House in southern Missouri, photos, audio clips, online ticket sales.
Rhythm Society Swing Orchestra
- Detroit big band. Profile, photos, audio samples, schedule, guest book, contact information.
River Cities Jazz
- A 17 piece ensemble from Wisconsin plays big band jazz. Their website offers band member information and a cd.
Ron Smolen Orchestra, The
- Services, biography, audio samples, and pictures from this Chicago big band.
Roseville Big Band
- Adult education swing band with vocalists features classic tunes, original compositions, exhibition dancers, audience participation at concerts and dances in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota. Band profile and history, schedule, CDs, member biographies, photos, FAQ, song list, audio samples, contact information, search engine, member area.
- Big band with twenty pieces plus two vocalists plays for weddings, corporate events, festivals and hotel gigs in Ireland from a base in Maynooth. Personnel, song list, audio demos, gig schedule.
Royal Society Jazz Orchestra
- San Francisco big band. Profile, reviews, biographies, recordings, audio samples, calendar, mailing list, booking information.
Salem Oregon Big Band, The
- Nineteen-piece band. Calendar, booking information, audio sample, member list.
San Francisco Starlight Orchestra
- Sixteen piece big band. Upcoming dances, recordings, member profiles, mailing list, contact information, guest book, links.
- Corporate-sponsored swing/funk outfit in Germany led by trumpeter Thomas Siffling and comprised of employees of the financial software company. Song list, audio, history.
Sentimental Journey Orchestra, The
- [Atlanta, GA, US] Nineteen-member big band. History, member biographies, auditions, links, photos, schedule, stories, booking and contact information, member area.
The Shades of Blue Orchestra
- Based in Baltimore. Schedule, audio clips, repertoire, mailing list, merchandise, booking information.
Sherrie Maricle and The DIVA Jazz Orchestra
- All-woman band plays contemporary, mainstream jazz. Based in New York City and plays internationally. Sample audio and video.
SJC Jazz Orchestra
- Based in Gifu, Japan since 1977. Concert schedule, audio clips, photos, and personnel.
Somers Dream Orchestra
- New Jersey big band. Sample songs, photos, recordings, contact information, reviews.
Spencer Smith And His Vintage Years Orchestra
- Winston-Salem, North Carolina based 13-piece big band led by Spencer Smith includes four saxes, three trumpets, two trombones and tuba. With gig schedule and audio samples.
Stage Door Canteen
- A 12 piece big band located on Cape Cod. The band travels throughout the New England area. Includes repertoire and music samples.
Stan Bann Big Band
- Minneapolis-St. Paul band. Reviews, member list, schedule, contact information.
String Of Pearls
- San Francisco area big band. News, schedule, booking and contact information, recordings, links, photos.
- Milwaukee big band. Calendar, mailing list, song list, photos, audio samples, booking and contact information.
- An 18-20 piece dance band presenting monthly dances in Melbourne, Florida. The Band plays swing music from the 30's, 40's and 50's as well as some more contemporary numbers. Affiliated with the Melbourne Municipal Band. Band profile, track list and samples from their CD, and booking and contact information.
Trinity Jazz Orchestra
- Jazz repertory orchestra in western Pennsylvania. Personnel, video, and performance schedule.
- Texas big band. Profile, merchandise, audio samples, guest book, booking information, links.
Wimmer, Jay and the Big Band All Stars
- Seventeen piece band led by singing drummer, playing Latin jazz and swing, based in Southern California. Biographies, schedule, contact information.
Windjammer Big Band
- Twenty-piece community band based in Vermilion, Ohio. Photos from dates at the Lake Erie Lanes Lounge.
Yesterday Swing Orchestra
- Performs in the Northern Virginia and Shenandoah Valley regions. Performance schedule, audio clips, and mailing list.
Bands and Artists
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 4:45:08 PM EDT -