the entire directory
only in Folk/By_Region
Arts: Music: Styles: R: Regional and Ethnic
Arts: Music: Styles: R: Regional and Ethnic: Celtic: By Region
- Traditional music from Appenzell, Switzerland. Official site describing the band and their music. [German, English]
- A singer, percussionist, and dancer who interprets the musical traditions of southern Italy. Includes her profile, performance and workshop listings, and details of her recordings with audio samples.
- Foursome perform traditional Basque music on traditional instruments. Member profiles, tour schedule, photos and details of their recordings. (Multi-lingual)
- A music association from Arles (in the south of France) preserving traditional music of the area, on flute and tambourine. Also offer music from other traditions. Audio samples, details of shows offered, and contact details.
- Profile of the Indian folk song collector and folklorist. Includes an interview, photos and streaming audio of songs.
- German-based folk music duo. Includes gig-guide, news, profiles, and information on their repertoire.
- A folk club in Enschede, The Netherlands. Events listing, directions, photos, and local artist information (In Dutch, German and English).
- Violinist, composer and songwriter and winner of the German Folk Award; includes information on recordings, audio samples and lyrics. [German and English]
- Play their own variety of Swedish folk music. Contains news, images, videos and mp3s, discography and tour information.
- A resource site for the traditional folk music from Jamtland, Sweden. History, and information on performers and recordings available.
- Folk and Acoustic Music in New Zealand. Information on clubs, FAQs, festivals, artists, resources, instruments, links and notice board.
- Viking music, partly played on authentic reconstructions of old instruments, has its roots in the ancient Norse songs and sagas.
- Multilingual site about a band based in South Tyrol, Italy. Includes band profile, gig-guide, and information about their music.
Norwegian Folk Music
- An introduction to Norwegian traditional music and instruments, preserved among small farmers and cotters, independent of influences from newer fashions in Europe.
Ouwejan, Kees and Makkers
- Dutch folk band, playing music from a range of traditions. Includes member profiles and sound samples. (Dutch and English)
Traditional Music from the County of Nice (France)
- An invitation to the instruments, dances and repertoire of traditional music from southern France. Offers background information, MIDI files, lyrics, bibliography, and discography.
Folk Music - By Region
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 2, 2014 at 5:51:30 UTC -