the entire directory
only in Instruments/Early_Guitars
Open Directory - Arts: Music: Styles: E: Early Music: Instruments: Early Guitars
Arts: Music: Instruments: Stringed: Guitar: Classical
Arts: Music: Styles: E: Early Music: Instruments: Lute
The Baroque Guitar :: Printed Music from 1606-1737
- Dr Gary Boyes' research into playing styles and repertoire for the Baroque guitar, with an explanation of tablature used in the period.
Baroque Guitar for the Modern Performer
- An article exploring the differences between the baroque and modern classical instrument, their respective repertoires, and adapting the older music for the modern instrument.
- Scores and MIDIs of arrangements by Dana Hawkes. In .pdf form.
Guide to Early Instruments :: The Guitar and Vihuela
- Describes and traces the development of early members of the guitar family.
The Guitar in England
- Excerpts from "The Early Guitar: A History and Handbook" (James Tyler, OUP, 1980), describing the development of the vihuela, Renaissance and Baroque, and English guitars, with comments on tunings and playing techniques.
The Guitar Pre-1650
- The guitar and its predecessors; a short history with practical tips about finding/playing old instruments.
Instructions for the Baroque Guitar
- Three translations of contemporary guidance for Baroque guitar players, covering tuning, tablature, and stringing.
The Lute Ring
- A webring for sites related to lutes and early guitars.
A manuscript found in Oporto
- Preserved in Galvao-Kristófcsák Foundation of Lagos, in Algarve, Portugal, it is a unique, anonymous collection of works for five course Baroque guitar.
Monica Hall Baroque Guitar Research
- Pieces by Corbetta from Castillion's Liege Manuscript and five course guitar stringing.
Sixteenth-Century Printed Tablatures
- An annotated bibliography of tablature written for the lute, vihuela, early guitar, cittern, bandora, mandora, and orpharion; arranged chronologically and by composer.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 23, 2013 at 8:38:44 UTC -