become an editor
the entire directory
only in Classical_Indian/Carnatic
Bands and Artists
Arvindh's Carnatic Music Theory Page
- Articles on Carnatic (South Indian Classical) Music Theory based on state of the art research.
Bharathi Kala Manram
- Toronto based cultural organizations started in 1969, has specialised in preserving and promoting the Indian culture and traditions, with particular emphasis on South Indian traditions.
- Describes the history of carnatic music, talks about the maestros in carnatic music.
Carnatic Music - Recordings & Discussion
- T.M.McComb's website. Articles explaining the music, composition lists, and some links.
Carnatic Music Krithi Audio Archive
- Online archive with over 200 carnatic music songs, audio samples, and educational articles.
Carnatic Music Software - Rasika & Gaayaka
- Gives information on Rasika and Gaayaka - Carnatic music software for understanding the Carnatic system and composing and playing music using traditional notation. Also has some downloads (a tuning test program and scores).
- A ring to link sites devoted to South Indian classical music.
- Music dictionary, database of lyrics and compositions, profiles of musicians, articles, photographs, news, reviews, message board, children's section, and merchandise.
Cleveland Thyagaraja Aradhana
- Annual week-long Indian music festival held in Ohio. Concert schedules, application and submission information, competitions, awards, and travel and lodging information.
Collection of Some Ragas and Compositions
- Includes information on some ragas.
- The site has a write up on carnatic music, the different percussion instruments used in carnatic music, biographies and compositions of famouse composers of Carnatic music like Thyagaraja, Shyama Shastri, Dikshithar, Bharathiar, Harikeshanallur, Swathi Thirunal.
- Carnatic Ragam based songs of the composer.
- Information about the style, glossary, ragas, lyrics to many songs, kirtanas, kritis, and several bhajans.
- Covers events in the world of Carnatic music and Bharathanatyam dance.
Mohan's Carnatic Corner
- Collection of links to general articles, composers, artists, compositions, lyrics, audio, organizations, university programs, products, and chat.
- Speaks of a new hypothesis in Indian music regarding quantification of emotions in ragas.
Rohan Krishnamurthy's South Indian Classical Music Webpage
- Information about Carnatic Music, including primers, biographies on legendary musicians, and information about the author.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 4, 2015 at 21:37:15 UTC -