the entire directory
only in Europe/United_Kingdom
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Arts and Entertainment: Music: Styles: Classical
Association of British Orchestras
- The national body representing the collective interests of professional orchestras throughout the UK.
- Training orchestra for young professionals and music students. News, reviews and details of forthcoming performances.
BBC Concert Orchestra
- House band for BBC Radio 2's Friday Night is Music Night plus regular appearances on television and radio, also providing the soundtracks to various BBC Television programmes and giving performances of classical, jazz, film and crossover music on tour. Includes profile, history, information on composers, conductors and players, concert diary, and audio, video and image galleries.
BBC National Orchestra of Wales
- Information about the orchestra, including its concert and broadcast schedule, education and community programme, and contact details.
BBC Philharmonic Orchestra
- Based in Manchester. Information about concerts, CD releases, education work and the orchestra itself.
BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra
- Founded in 1935 as the first full-time orchestral ensemble in Scotland. Includes a profile of the orchestra, with details of their concert schedule, recordings, reviews, and tickets.
BBC Symphony Orchestra
- Founded by Adrian Boult in 1930 as London's first permanent orchestra, and now the flagship orchestra of the BBC, with a commitment to new music. Includes a history, concert schedule, and a profile of music they have premiered.
Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra
- Concert listing, with booking information. Includes information on their history, community and education projects, sponsorship and membership details.
Brighton Philharmonic Orchestra
- Brighton's resident professional orchestra. Information about their concert schedule, booking information, and their supporters.
City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra
- Profile of the orchestra and members, details of their community education programme, and a history. Includes concert schedule and ticket information.
English Philharmonic Orchestra
- A symphony orchestra based in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, with artistic director and conductor, David Haslam. Includes photos, concert dates, education work and online movie.
- Britain's longest-established professional symphony orchestra. Official site with contact details, membership information, history, and concert listings.
London Metropolitan Orchestra
- Information about this ensemble and its work in film and television. Details of their live performances, news, discography, and player profiles.
London Philharmonic Orchestra
- History of the ensemble, with a concert schedule, news and reviews. Includes information on their education programme, and their support.
London Shostakovich Orchestra
- Currently embarked on a complete cycle of Shostakovich's symphonies: includes details of performances and recordings, programme notes and articles.
London Symphony Orchestra
- Resident orchestra at The Barbican. Information on their concert schedule, recordings, and ticketing.
Milton Keynes City Orchestra
- Site provides list of forthcoming concerts, news, reviews and profiles of some members of the orchestra.
The Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment
- A period instrument orchestra playing baroque, classical and early romantic music on original instruments. Principal guest conductors are Sir Simon Rattle and Frans Brüggen. Concert details and discography.
- Orchestra in residence at the University of Oxford; with their profile, concert diary, ticket information, reviews, and biographies. Also includes details of their International Piano Competition.
- Resident at the South Bank Centre, London. Concert and tour schedules, online booking, downloads and information on recordings, players, instruments and music education.
- Period instrument orchestra; includes orchestra profile, concert and recording calendar, online sales for their CDs, and information on sponsors and friends program.
Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra
- Schedule of concerts by the RLPO and choirs at the Philharmonic Hall, with news and press releases.
Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
- Founded by Sir Thomas Beecham, and based at the Royal Festival and Royal Albert Halls, and tours throughout the UK. Concert details, history, information about their community work, and online purchase of tickets and recordings.
Royal Scottish National Orchestra
- Information about Scotland's national symphony orchestra and its chorus, including concerts, musicians, education and sponsorship; the "news" section includes collected reviews of concerts and CDs.
South Yorkshire Symphony Orchestra
- Sheffield: Concert calendar and booking information.
- Based in Newbury, Berkshire, providing music education, master classes and entertainment. Includes their concert diary and ticket details.
- History of the Belfast-based orchestra. Includes their concert and event schedule, and information about their recordings and substantial community education programs.
The Welsh Sinfonia
- Concert guide, repertoire, overview of the orchestra and information on their education services. (Cymraeg and English.)
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 17, 2015 at 12:00:12 UTC -