become an editor
the entire directory
only in B/Bluegrass
Bands and Artists
Magazines and E-zines
Arts: Music: Instruments: Stringed: Banjo
Arts: Music: Instruments: Stringed: Guitar: Styles: Bluegrass
Arts: Music: Instruments: Stringed: Mandolin
Arts: Music: Instruments: Winds: Harmonica: Styles: Bluegrass
Regional: North America: United States: Arts and Entertainment: Music: Styles: Folk: Old-Time Appalachian
ArtistWorks Academy of Bluegrass
- Interactive online learning schools in a variety of instruments including banjo, guitar, mandolin, fiddle, dobro, and double bass. Students receive feedback on their playing when they submit videos.
Barb Diederich's Handy Bluegrass Links
- Directory of over 2000 links to bluegrass related sites.
Bluegrass / Acoustic Music Web Ring
- Web ring for bluegrass and acoustic music bands, fans, and instrument builders.
Bluegrass and Baseball
- Bluegrass and baseball profile on myspace with photos, videos, personal blog, and connections between the two American pastimes.
- Profiles of bluegrass performers past and present, on-line, or bound in a three-ring binder. Aimed primarily at bluegrass deejays, a new edition is released annually.
- On-line learning resource for bluegrass players of all skill levels. Downloads, recordings, notation and video for bass, banjo, dobro, fiddle, guitar, mandolin and voice.
- A source of information about the acoustic flat-top guitar and the playing styles used in bluegrass music.
- Roots music depository for articles, musician interviews, photos, movies and mp3 files. Featured are Frank Wakefield, Bill Monroe, Kenny Baker, Jesse McReynolds, Bob Black and others.
European Bluegrass Music Association (EBMA)
- Official site of the organization promoting bluegrass throughout Europe. EBMA membership, bylaws and directory, festival and concert listings, European Bluegrass Weblog, Bluegrass Europe magazine, and the European World of Bluegrass (EWOB) Festival and Trade Show.
Frank Wakefield's UltraClear DVD Mandolin Instructional Series
- The Frank Wakefield Mandolin DVD from Mossware LLC. Frank Wakefield shows you how to play mandolin classics. Ordering information and email contact.
Free Bluegrass Backing Tracks
- This site provides free backing tracks for bluegrass music practice, with the ability to speed up or slow down the tracks to suit ability. Also a number of common chord progressions for practice and study. The site has a player that allows the user to slow down their own mp3 files for study and transcription. I am currently working on a function to display the chord progression while the track is playing.
Homespun Music Instruction
- Wide selection of DVDs and CDs for all instruments and styles.
International Bluegrass Music Association (IBMA)
- Professional trade association promoting the music in the US and over thirty foreign countries. Information on membership, World of Bluegrass events, the annual trade show, IBMA award winners, Grammy winners, Hall of Honor, Fan Fest, educational efforts, and membership forms.
Just Bluegrass Music
- Bluegrass sound reinforcement company and recording studio in Nashville, TN.
A Lil Country A Lil Grass
- Sample recordings of traditional bluegrass and country music.
The Pickin' Porch
- A weekly two-hour Bluegrass and Old-Time music show hosted by Tim White.
Society for the Preservation of Bluegrass Music of America
- SPBGMA has an annual convention and seeks to preserve the traditional spirit and art form of bluegrass. Festival calendar, events, news, SPBGMA awards, multimedia, artist and business links, and how to join.
Usenet alt.music.bluegrass -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 8, 2016 at 10:57:23 UTC -