become an editor
the entire directory
only in Ethnomusicology/Archives
Open Directory - Arts: Music: Musicology: Ethnomusicology: Archives
Arts: Music: Resources: Libraries
Archive of Folk Culture Collections
- From The American Folklife Center, Library of Congress. Information, links to online publications and guides to the collections.
Archive of World Music - Harvard College Library
- Contains large collections of print works and recordings from Turkey, South India, and of Byzantine chant, in addition to other holdings.
Archives of African American Music and Culture
- Materials held by Indiana University covering various musical idioms and cultural expressions from the post-World War II era. Includes a searchable database and publications listing.
Archives of Traditional Music
- General information about the Indiana University Archives, including listings of journal contents and a searchable archive database.
Early American Secular Music and its European Sources
- Searchable index of sources for early American and European music, covering the years from 1589-1839.
Global Music Archive - Vanderbilt University
- A multimedia reference archive and resource center for traditional and popular song, music, and dance of Africa and the Americas. Includes bibliographies, searchable collections, and publications.
International Library of African Music (ILAM)
- Contains over 40,000 recordings. Includes a searchable index, publications, and sound samples of African instruments.
Ralph Rinzler Folklife Archives and Collections
- The Smithsonian archives house the Moses and Frances Asch collection, consisting of the entirety of Folkways Records, and the Rinzler Archives, consisting of the written, audio, and visual records of projects and exhibits sponsored by the Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage, including the Smithsonian Folklife Festival. Contains general collections and grant information
- The John and Ruby Lomax 1939 Southern States Recording Trip is a multi-format ethnographic field collection including nearly 700 sound recordings (102 of which are performed in Spanish), fieldnotes, dust jackets, and other manuscripts documenting a three-month, 6,502 mile trip through the Southern United States collecting folksongs. Includes a virtual journal of the trip, with text, pictures and sound.
The British Library Sound Archive
- A search engine for world music recordings with RealAudio samples, as well as links to other world music archives in the UK.
UCLA Ethnomusicology Archive
- Includes sound recordings of folk, ethnic, and non-western classical music, a description of their archival techniques, and listing of current collections.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 8:34:58 PM EDT -