become an editor
the entire directory
only in Tin_Whistle/Tune_Collections
Arts: Music: Styles: F: Folk: Resources: Tune Collections
Arts: Music: Styles: R: Regional and Ethnic: Celtic: Resources: Tune Collections
JC's ABC Tune Finder
- Enter a tune title, a fragment of a title, or a perl5 pattern to find tunes. The files contain ABC files, MIDIs, and gifs of sheet music.
The ABC Musical Notation Language
- If you're new to Internet tune collections and wonder what "ABC" means, or want to learn how to write ABC files, this is the place to start.
Clips & Snips
- MP3s of tunes submitted by contributors. Features a tune of the week.
- Has a few hundred tunes, but the unique feature of this site is the ABC Convert-A-Matic which allows you to easily produce a PDF score from any tune in ABC format, online and free.
Contemplations from the Marianas Trench
- Folk Music of Britain, Ireland and America. Lyrics, Midi, Origins, Historical Information and Background for traditional tunes from Britain, Ireland and America, circa 1650 to 1900. Includes Child ballads, Sea shanties and Turlough O'Carolan's music.
- A mirror of the Digital Tradition folk music database which includes scores in GIF and whistle tablature formats.
Henrik Norbeck's Abc Tunes
- Hundreds of tunes, mostly Irish, but also features a small collection of Swedish tunes. ABC format and searchable.
Irish Tin Whistle Tunes for Learners
- A collection of Irish whistle recordings and videos for learners
Irish Traditional Music Tune Index
- Cross-referenced index of traditional Irish tunes on recordings and in published tune books. Includes all alternate titles, exact locations of the tune, and tune publication histories. Note that there are no scores or audio on this site.
Mick's Virtual Whistle
- Dedicated to sharing the pleasures of the pennywhistle or tin whistle. Download and listen to a selection of mainly traditional Celtic music played on the whistle. Companion music notation is available for each tune.
The Old Music Project
- Tunes in ABC, MIDI, and GIF formats. Includes O'Neill's Music of Ireland, O'Carolan, and madrigals.
The Roots Music Listening Room
- Irish dance music from the 1920s - 1970s in MP3 format
- ABCs, discussions, and recording index for listed tunes, mostly traditional Irish music. Site contains thousands of tunes in a searchable database. Create your own personal tune book.
Slow Sessions at The Whistle Shop
- This page includes a small collection of tunes with slow and full-speed audio recordings in MP3 format, plus score in JPG format.
Technique and style in Irish traditional music
- Recordings of master whistlers and flutists with detailed transcriptions and commentary.
Toraigh: Slow Sessions
- Audio recordings of many tunes, played at moderate, slow, and even slower tempos.
- Search 16000+ traditional tunes by name or by entering a fragment of the music.
Tunes at Ceolas
- A few PDF tunebooks plus links to other online tune archives.
Wandering Whistler Music Archives
- Sheet music, MIDI files, and mp3s for the tin whistle. Songs sorted by name and type.
Whistle and Squeak
- Whistle music includes melody, tablature, words and (usually) chords. Folksongs, Christmas Carols, children's music, and teaching songs organized by level of difficulty. All music is in PDF format.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 20, 2016 at 3:24:10 UTC -