become an editor
the entire directory
only in Winds/Tin_Whistle
Open Directory - Arts: Music: Instruments: Winds: Tin Whistle
Arts: Music: Instruments: Winds: Woodwinds: Flute: Historical and Ethnic: Irish
Arts: Music: Styles: E: Early Music: Instruments
Arts: Music: Styles: R: Regional and Ethnic: Celtic
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Arts and Entertainment: Music: Instruments: Wind: Whistles
This category in other languages:
Brother Steve's Tin-Whistle Pages
- One of the best online tin whistle tutorials. Packed with clear examples and insightful instruction, it's clearly the work of someone with a lot of teaching experience. The site is bilingual in English and French. Don't miss the excellent transcriptions of talented whistle players.
Ceolas Tin Whistle Guide
- Overview of the tin whistle by Gerard Manning. Introduction to the instrument, resources, recordings, and purchasing information. This document is rather old, so purchasing information is well out of date.
Chiff and Fipple
- A general site by Dale Wisely, the "Undisputed King of Internet Tin Whistle Journalism". Message board, newsletter archives, a tune of the month, whistle reviews, and information and links for both novice and experienced whistlers.
Comparison Recordings of Flutes and Whistles
- James Peeples presents a number of MP3 files allowing the listener to compare the same tune played on different instruments.
The Flageolet Site
- The flageolet site deals with all aspects of the flageolet, an older instrument similar to the whistle.
How to Play Blues on an Irish Whistle
- Simple explanation of fingering the blues scale on a tin whistle. Actual familiarity with the musical genre is left up to the reader.
Irish Whistle Tutor Book
- Detailed tutor book for the tin whistle, 296 pages with 429 recordings. English and French language.
The Kwela Project
- Pennywhistle Jive from South Africa - from playing kwela to learning about music and culture in township South Africa
Learning to Whistle
- Useful tips, observations, and experiences gained while learning to play the tin whistle. Updated regularly.
Pipers Grip: Irish Low Whistle
- History, reviews, makers, players, and more.
Play In Tune !
- Post a midi file or choose one tune in the library, and watch how to play it on a virtual tin whistle.
Praise Whistlers Abroad
- Community and message board for fellowship of Christian whistle players, offering mp3 files and related links.
The Scottish Whistle
- A collection of Scottish tunes, an essay on whistling in Scottish music, and information on taking tin whistle classes in Scotland.
- Wikipedia article which gives a good introduction to the history and description of the tin whistle. A useful starting point for someone unfamiliar with the instrument.
Tin Whistle Tutorials
- Online Irish traditional music lessons on the Tin Whistle for beginners to advanced players.
Totally Turquoise Telford
- Includes a detailed fingering chart plus articles on scales and alternate fingerings, and a small but unique collection of tunes.
Whistle Reviews by the Wandering Whistler
- The largest collection of tin whistle reviews by a single reviewer. Each detailed review follows a similar structure and includes audio samples for comparison.
- Tin whistle tutorial. Lessons and tips for performers of all levels of ability. [Tutorials use Flash]
- Irish tin whistle website, with flash tutorial, FAQ, sheet music & MP3 downloads and classified ads.
- A selection of downloadable Irish tin whistle tunes and tutorials, in MP3, MP4 video and sheet music format.
Usenet rec.music.celtic -
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, July 26, 2013 8:08:55 AM EDT -