become an editor
the entire directory
only in Cittern/Portuguese_Guitar
Arts: Music: Instruments: Stringed: Guitar: Variants
Arts: Music: Styles: R: Regional and Ethnic: Fado
About The Portuguese Guitar
- The origins and development of the instruments; explains the difference between the Lisbon and Coimbra models, construction, and its role in Fado style.
- Guitarist, trained classically, now demonstrating the diversity of 14 Portuguese variants of the instrument; includes a biography, discography, and a description of his instruments (including construction and tuning).
Fado - Guitar
- The origins, construction, tuning and playing techniques for the guitarra.
How To Fake A Normal Guitar Into A Portuguese guitar
- Suggests techniques for achieving the sound of the guitarra on a "normal" steel-string acoustic guitar.
Playing the Lisbon Portuguese Guitarra
- An introduction to playing techniques; includes information on construction, tuning, tablature, techniques and exercises.
Portuguese Guitar History
- A historical survey of possible origins for the guitarra; the author argues that its roots lie in the Renaissance cittern and 18th century English guitar; also explores ths instrument's use in Fado.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 24, 2012 at 5:15:58 UTC -