become an editor
the entire directory
only in History/Baroque
Arts: Music: Styles: E: Early Music
Arts: Periods and Movements: Baroque
This category in other languages:
- Dedicated to the operatic, cantata, oratorio, serenta and drama arias, this site presents editions, articles and discussions on the subject.
The Baroque Cantata
- Devoted to the baroque cantata repertoire (17th century and 18th century), with articles and editions within the genre.
- Articles, suggested recordings, links, portraits, and music samples by Arton.
Baroque Music UK
- Directory resource for baroque music with a particular bias towards the UK, includes articles and new editions.
- [fan site] Brief introduction to the music, major composers, woodwind instruments; a few MIDI samples.
Music of the Augustan Age: Historical Background
- Baroque Music in Dresden
- Personal site promoting historically-informed performances of early music and baroque opera. Includes reviews, opinion, discographies, and news of recent books and recordings.
The Porpora Project
- An investigation into the life and music of Baroque composer Nicola Porpora.
The Scarlatti Project
- Researching and recordings of the vocal and keyboard music of the Italian composer Alessandro Scarlatti.
Society for Seventeenth-Century Music
- Studies and performs of seventeenth-century music and related arts: includes an online journal, calendar of events, and membership information.
Vibrato in Baroque Vocal Music
- Article discussing approaches to "historical" performance practice.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 13, 2014 at 3:58:03 UTC -