become an editor
the entire directory
only in Education/Resources
Courses and Lessons
Methods and Techniques
Arts: Music: Resources
This category in other languages:
Music Tech Teacher
- Elementary Music Tech classroom in Alabama. Includes example student compositions, pictures, resources and information for music teachers interested in using technology to teach music. Discussion board for ideas and feedback.
- Articles, forum, and directory of resources.
Band Music of the Civil War Era-Library of Congress
- Library of Congress section includes resources and photographs
British Journal of Music Education (BJME)
- Aims to provide clear, stimulating and readable accounts of current issues in music education worldwide, together with a section containing extended book reviews.
- A variety of bugle call files from the U.S. Army Bands website. MP3s and Scores.
Bulletin Boards for the Music Classroom
- A beneficial music education resource, with photographs and ideas for creative bulletin boards and displays
- A resource from Tom Pankhurst for students studying Bach chorale harmonisation containing guidelines and active learning resources.
- Music Education Resources
Effective Music Teaching
- Articles on music education and effective music programs.
- Detailed information on how to practice music effectively. Includes various downloadable practice charts and exercises.
The Experience of Congregational Singing
- Issues in Christian worship and congregational singing
Florida Music Education Association and Florida School Music Association
- Information and resources for music teachers in the Florida area including the Research Perspectives in Music Education journal.
- Contains information on various musical topics with pictures and sounds. Music dictionary, composer pictures and biographies, instrument pictures and sounds.
Gordon Institute for Music Learning
- Non-profit organization advancing the research in music education.
- Ear training website with emphasis on hearing chords.
The Instrumentalist Magazine
- Practical information and innovative ideas for band directors
Keeping Score: Education
- Offers teachers at all levels opportunities to learn about classical music and its connections to the core curriculum, along with resources and lesson plans. Created by Michael Tilson Thomas with the San Francisco Symphony.
- By the New York Philharmonic. Includes gameroom and a variety of information sources on music for kids.
- Virtual metronome.
Music 4 Education
- Free resources for music classroom teaching. Includes links and discussion board.
Music and Health
- Offers articles on piano teaching and information about musicians' health.
Music at School
- For secondary music instructors. Free PDF versions of worksheets, plus online lessons and interactive quizzes.
Music Education and Student Self-Concept
- A review of literature concerning music education and student self-concept.
Music Education for All
- Encouraging critical thinking and providing resources for music educators
Music in Schools Today
- A community organization supporting music in the San Francisco Bay area with resources for children, youth students and music educators
Music Is..And the Value of Music in Education
- Hard data on the benefits of music in education and everyday life
Music Teacher's Resource Site
- Includes lesson ideas, links, reviews, and rounds.
Music Technology in the Classroom
- Articles and downloads relating to teaching music technology. Includes some smartboard notebooks.
- A ressource for tutors, coaches and parents who assist a student in the learning of a musical instrument.
- Research music colleges and available music degrees.
- The history of musical theatre, film and television
- Online music theory flash cards to help students learn note names, key signatures, intervals, triads, and notes on the piano and guitar.
- Information and resources for music educators from all disciplines. Weekly articles, free sheet music, and newsletters on a variety of music education topics.
- Educational site devoted to the understanding and the explanation of musician's injuries.
Musicians United for Songs in the Classroom, Inc. (MUSIC)
- A nonprofit organization and resource site which promotes the use of popular music in education.
- An educational site for music resources at GSCE and A-Level, plus online aural tests and a host of other interactive features.
- Resources, community conversation, and technology ideas for Music Educators.
- Bass lessons and playing tips.
- A free program (registration required) that encourages practice by keeping track of daily practice time, the music, and questions or comments for the student and/or teacher.
Pay the Piper
- Detailed advice for children and parents about taking up a musical instrument: what to play, how to buy it, and how to get lessons.
The Piano Education Page
- Resources for teachers, students, parents of students, and fans of the piano with several hundred pages of free information.
Piano Pedagogy Plus
- This site provides resources for piano teachers in the form of articles, analyses, a discussion forum, video clips, free digital sheet music, and audio clips.
- This site is a resource for students and parents looking for piano teachers, tuners, music schools and piano stores in New Jersey.
- Music production tips and mixing advice blog.
Shall We Ensemble?
- Free sound sources for practicing ensemble music with various pitches.
- A website dedicated to singing, vocal technique, singers videos and pictures.
The song makes music business
- Information on songwriting, demo recording, promotion, the music business, copyright and record deals for new songwriters and bands.
- Produced by the ABRSM, the main instrumental examining body in UK. Contains resources, interviews and articles for instrumental and composition students of all ages and musical interests.
Tanbur Music Education Site
- Interactive links for the music classroom including ‘singalong’ songs, world music, rainforest, experimental sounds, percussion, composers, lessons, quizzes, score reading, rhythms, composing, listening, performing.
- History of Taps and other bugle calls
Technological Directions in Music Learning
- Electronic journal of the Institute for Music Research at the University of Texas. Includes articles and research reports taken from all seven technological directions in conferences.
The Texas School Music Project
- Band, choir, orchestra and elementary tips from the music professionals from Stephen F. Austin State University.
Thomas J. West Music
- Music Education articles.
- Online metronome, tuner, and tuning fork.
- Tips, techniques, reviews and instructional pieces for the ukulele learner
Useful Musician Tools
- Provides several original online applications to identify chords and scales by notes. Progression Analyser to Identify Chords and Scales that fit a progression.
The Unlikely Entrepreneur
- A blog containing op-ed, research summaries of either classical music or music lessons and the effect on health and wellness, education, behaviour, brain function, or economics. [Atom]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 18, 2013 at 0:31:31 UTC -