become an editor
the entire directory
only in Education/Academic_Departments
Arts: Education: Colleges and Departments
This category in other languages:
Brooklyn Conservatory of Music
- [Brooklyn and Flushing, NY, USA] Founded in 1897, offers classical and jazz studies leading to diplomas as well as instrumental and voice lessons and ensmbles for children and adults not seeking college credit. Extensive financial aid available.
Columbia University Department of Music
- [New York, NY, USA] Historically significant music department founded in 1896 by composer Edward MacDowell. Studies in musicology and ethnomusicology, applied performance, computer music, and jazz. Courses, calendar of events and films.
Cornell University Department of Music
- [Ithaca, NY, USA] Notable center for the study of music composition, containing a large music library.
Cornish College of the Arts
- [Seattle, WA, USA] Offers BFA degree programs in jazz, classical performance, composition, world music, opera, musical theater, and music technology.
Depaul University School of Music
- [Chicago, IL, USA] Offers four-year degrees in jazz and classical performance, composition, sound recording and technology, and the business of music. Events, programs, faculty members, and workshops.
East Carolina University School of Music
- Greenville, NC, USA. Provides information about the various academic programs, summer camps, news, festivals and ensembles.
Eastman School of Music
- [Rochester, NY, USA] A music school teaching classical and jazz. Contains information on degrees, programs, faculty, graduate studies, resources, and links.
Elmhurst College Department of Music
- [Elmhurst, IL, USA] Offers degrees in music and music education as well as certificates in piano pedagogy and church music. Faculty members, courses offered.
Florida State University School of Music
- [Tallahassee, FL, USA] Fully accredited by the NASM since 1930. Sixty degrees in music and various certificates and minors. Among their many ensembles are fourteen focused on world music.
Indiana University School of Music
- [Bloomington, IN, USA] Wide range of degrees, over thirty-five ensembles, music library, and faculty profiles.
Louisiana Academy of Performing Arts
- [Covington/Mandeville/Harahan, LA, USA] Music education for students of all ages. Areas of instruction include: voice, strings, brass, percussion, jazz and composition. LAAPA is South Louisiana's largest private school of music.
McNally Smith College of Music
- Featured faculty profiles, degrees and programs, as well as clinics and workshops, aimed to fully educate students in the art of music.
Peabody Institute of Johns Hopkins University
- [Baltimore, Maryland, US] Elite conservatory granting undergraduate and graduate degrees in musical performance, education, and audio science as well as diplomas for the most advanced performers. Includes admission and student information, academic requirements, faculty pages and public concerts and events. With community-oriented preparatory programs.
University of California - Department of Music
- Courses offered, event schedule, admissions, faculty, and news.
University of Georgia Hugh Hodgson School of Music
- [Atens, Georgia, US] Offering undergraduate and graduate degrees in fields including performance, musicology, composition, music therapy, and music education.
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Music department pages include events, undergraduate and graduate programs, faculty members, a music library, news and links.
University of Texas at Austin School of Music
- News and information on admissions, auditions, ensembles, events, camps and conferences.
University of Toledo
- Music department homepage includes audition dates, scholarship information, degree programs, faculty members, facilities, groups, and ensembles, as well as summer jazz institutions.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 26, 2013 at 18:14:10 UTC -