become an editor
the entire directory
only in V/Villa-Lobos,_Heitor
Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: By Region: South America: Brazilian
Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: Early 20th Century
Arts: Music: Instruments: Stringed: Bowed Strings: Cello: Cellists
Arts: Music: Instruments: Stringed: Guitar: Classical: Guitarists
Arts: Music: Movies: Composers
Arts: Music: Musicology: Ethnomusicology: Ethnomusicologists
Arts: Music: Styles: C: Choral: Composers
Arts: Music: Styles: C: Classical: Conductors
Arts: Music: Styles: C: Classical: Lieder: Composers
Arts: Music: Styles: O: Opera: Composers
Arts: Music: Styles: R: Regional and Ethnic: Latin: Brazilian: Bands and Artists
Arts: Performing Arts: Dance: Ballet: Composers
Classic Cat: Villa-Lobos
- Directory of mp3s on the internet that have been made available by their performing artists.
Classical Archives: Heitor Villa-Lobos
- Biography and complete files offered in MIDI format.
- Biography and photograph. Focuses on his incorporation of the various strands of Brazilian ethnic music and the role played by Paris in shaping and allowing him to express it fully.
- Wikipedia article with biography, major works, internal references to related people and topics, and external links.
- Find A Grave entry with birth and death dates, brief biography, burial information, photographs, and interactive memorial.
- Filmography at IMDb lists compositional and acting credits.
- Chronological summary of life and works in English and Portuguese with photograph. From Musicalics.
- Entry at the Lied and Art Songs Text Page with list of vocal works and links to public domain lyrics.
Heitor Villa-Lobos (1887-1959)
- Brief biographical sketch, caricature, comments on guitar music, and Naxos discography.
The Villa-Lobos Magazine
- Ezine offering links and commentary to concerts, articles, biographies, commentaries, and related materials on the web and from other sources.
- Dedicated to the life and works of composer Heitor Villa-Lobos, the museum offers exhibits, research opportunities, and educational and cultural activities.In English and Portuguese.
Villa-Lobos: Orpheonic Singing
- Ricardo Goldemberg article for Classical Net explores the composer's contributions to this art form during the 1930s and 1940s. Includes bibliography.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 16, 2015 at 18:30:31 UTC -