become an editor
the entire directory
only in R/Rózsa,_Miklós
Arts: Movies: Awards: Academy Awards: Recipients: Best Original Score
Arts: Movies: Genres: Film Noir
Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: By Region: Europe: Hungarian
Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: By Region: North America: American
Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: Early 20th Century
Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: Late 20th Century
Arts: Music: Movies: Composers
Miklos Rozsa - film composer
- This is the mfiles page for composer Miklos Rozsa, with career overview, soundtrack reviews and links to related composers.
Miklos Rozsa: He Made Film Noir Sing
- Evaluation of his work in the genre during the 1950s, including Double Indemnity, The Lost Weekend, The Naked City, and The Asphalt Jungle.
- Insightful biography and reminiscence from the American Composers Orchestra series David Raksin Remembers His Colleagues.
- Background information and praise for his Hungarian-rooted non-film compositions.
- Filmography at IMDb including biography, composer, conductor, musical director, and actor credits, awards and nominations, and links.
Miklós Rózsa and The Thief of Bagdad
- Autobiographical account of the development of the score and various back stories, trials, and struggles. Illustrated with portraits, copies of letters, newspaper articles, and scenes from the film.
Miklós Rózsa at M-G-M
- Review of CD covering highlights of his time with Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. Notes similarities between his film and non-film work.
Miklós Rózsa in Toronto and Hamilton
- Details of 1977 Ontario Film Institute including several photographs. Notes the composer's thoughts--not all flattering--about a number of contemporaries.
Rózsa: Film Scores
- Classical Net review of the CD in 1998. Talks about his place among modern composers, his use of the theremin, and evaluates the various works on the disk.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 4, 2014 at 17:16:36 UTC -