become an editor
the entire directory
only in D/Dowland,_John
Open Directory - Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: D: Dowland, John
Arts: Literature: Authors: D: Dick, Philip K.
Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: By Region: Europe: English
Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: L: Leighton, William, Sir: Tears and Lamentations of a Sorrowful Soul
Arts: Music: Composition: Composers: Renaissance
Arts: Music: Styles: E: Early Music: Instruments: Lute: Lutenists
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Denominations: Catholicism: People
Classical Archives: John Dowland
- Biography from the Concise Oxford Dictionary of Music. Complete files offered in MIDI format.
- Filmography from the Internet Movie Database (IMDB) noting movies using his music.
- Biographical information, links, and directory of MP3 audio files from Classic Cat.
- Find A Grave listing of the "Melancholy Madrigalist" with biographical details, portrait, picture of burial area in London, and interactive memorial.
- Wikipedia article showing his religious-based employment struggles, affinity for the lute, usually doleful style, and appearances in the science fiction of Philip K. Dick. Includes internal references to related people and topics.
- Brief biographical sketch, caricature, summaries of his vocal and lute works, and Naxos discography.
- Detailed biography from CD liner notes focused on his works for lute and his struggles for patronage and acceptance. From the Classical Composers Database.
John Dowland (1562-1626)
- Entry at the Lied and Art Songs Text Page with listing of vocal works and lyrics.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, January 17, 2007 4:45:29 PM EST -