become an editor
the entire directory
only in Composition/Competitions
Arts: Music: Songwriting: Contests
The American Academy in Berlin
- Candidates must be either American citizens or permanent residents. Stipend of $3,000 - $5,000 per month, round trip airfare, apartment and partial board at the Hans Arnhold Center. Proposed projects must demonstrate a need to be in Berlin. Website has guidelines, application forms, and list of current fellows.
Fromm Music Foundation
- Funds the commissioning of works of all genres. Open to all composers, both emerging and established. Annual deadline. Guidelines, application form, history and mission.
International Composing Competition "2 Agosto"
- Works for specified genre, changes each year. Open to composer of all nationalities who are under age 41. Anonymous entry. Work may not have been previously performed. Three winning works will receive cash award, performance in Italy.
John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation
- Offers fellowships to further the development of scholars and artists.
League of Composers Competition
- Annual competition open to all US composers. Cash prize and possible performance in New York City.
- A place for both emerging and well-established artists of all disciplines to create and work without interruption. Lists studio descriptions, residency program, fellowship opportunities, history, and financial information.
Queen Elisabeth Competition
- Works for piano and orchestra, approx. 10 minutes duration. Open to composers age 40 and under. Anonymous submission. Cash award, performance and possible radio/TV broadcast.
Young Composer Award
- The DSO present a competition for GCSE and A Level music students, to give them a live performance opportunity, and one cash prize.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 6, 2013 at 2:56:23 UTC -