become an editor
the entire directory
only in G/Guided_by_Voices
Bands and Artists
Guided by Voices
Open Directory - Arts: Music: Bands and Artists: G: Guided by Voices
Arts: Music: Bands and Artists: S
Arts: Music: Reviews: Independent or Alternative
Regional: North America: United States: Arts and Entertainment: Music
Guided By Voices
- The official site for the band, offering MP3 and wav files of GbV studio and live recordings, information on associated members' projects, photo albums, tour dates, and the latest GbV and Fading Captain series news.
- A forum dedicated to discussion of the Dayton, OH rock group. Touted as the "official" message board site.
Drowned in Sound
- Alex Wisgard pens a very favorable review of "Half Smiles" for drownedinsound.com.
GBVDB - Guided By Voices Database
- Searchable GBV discography and gigography site including side projects. Contains detailed release and song version info, images, credits, setlists, Propeller Art Gallery and other features.
Guided By Robert Pollard
- An alternative to the official GbV site, with a separate photos section, an interview by John Chandler of Puncture magazine with Bob Pollard, and a "Guided by Doug Gillard" subsection with info on the guitarist/songwriter's other band experiences.
Guided by Voices News: Topix
- News about Guided by Voices continually updated from around the net.
- The Matador records website for Guided by Voices, the label releasing all material up to 1997 and since 2002 for the band. Includes contest, recording, merchandise and tour info.
- Eric Carr's extensive review of the latest from GbV, Earthquake Glue. (Aug. 25, 2003)
Pitchfork: Half Smiles of the Decomposed
- Rob Mitchum gives his extensive take on GbV's final offering as well as dissecting Robert Pollard's career. (Aug. 24, 2004)
Robert Pollard and His Soft Rock Renegades: Choreographed Man of War: Pitchfork Review
- Pitchfork review of the latest Rockathon/Recordhead release by Robert Pollard, featuring the former GbV mainstays Greg Demos and Jim Macpherson. Review by Matt LeMay, who gives the effort a 7.4.
- Homepage of the independent label releasing most non-Matador/TVT Guided-by-Voices-related material, including some Greg Demos material.
Salon: Sharps and Flats
- A review of the Matador release "Mag Earwhig" by Mark Athitakis. Includes an .aiff version of "Bulldog Skin".
Soul Shine Magazine : Time To Say Goodbye To Guided By Voices
- Canadian magazine talks about GbV's reported end.
The War Against Silence #13
- TWAS, a weekly music review website, looks at 15 albums, from "Sandbox" to "Alien Lanes".
- Boston's self-proclaimed "Alternative Source for Arts and Entertainment" offers Jon Garelick's take on the band's last show in Beantown. (September 17, 2004)
- The online presence of the Hershey Chronicle, serving Hershey, Hummelstown, Palmyra and Derry Township, with Todd Thatcher's review of GbV's farewell offering, "Half Smiles of the decomposed." (September 16, 2004)
Baltimore City Paper: Beer Thousand (May 16 - May 22, 2001)
- John Sewell looks at the direction of the band as a May 19th Baltimore appearance approaches. (May 16, 2001)
Guided by Voices
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 29, 2014 at 8:45:08 UTC -