become an editor
the entire directory
only in C/Charles,_Ray
Bands and Artists
Open Directory - Arts: Music: Bands and Artists: C: Charles, Ray
Arts: Movies: Titles: B: Blues Brothers Series: Blues Brothers, The
Arts: Movies: Titles: R: Ray
Arts: Music: Styles: B: Blues
Arts: Music: Styles: By Decade: 1950s
Arts: Music: Styles: By Decade: 1960s: Rock and Pop
Arts: Music: Styles: By Decade: 1960s: Soul
Arts: Music: Styles: By Decade: 1970s
Arts: Music: Styles: R: Rhythm and Blues
Regional: North America: United States: Arts and Entertainment: Music
All Music Guide: Ray Charles
- Provides a biography, discography, photo, song highlights, and related links.
AskMen.com: Ray Charles
- Pictures, biography and comments.
Grudge Match: Stevie Wonder vs. Ray Charles
- Commentary on who would win in a game of darts.
Kennedy Center Honors: Ray Charles
- Biography and picture from the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, which honored Charles in 1986.
Ray Charles is God - He Knows All, He Sees All
- Original song-by-song analysis of Charles' greatest records and compositions.
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: Ray Charles
- Inductee biography and timeline.
Todd Peach's Ray Charles Page
- Includes a collection of lyrics.
BBC News: Ray Charles
- Obituary with photos. (June 10, 2004)
KOMO TV: Ray Charles Dies At 73
- Article and interview excerpts from Seattle's ABC Network affiliate. (June 10, 2004)
NPR : Ray Charles, American Legend, Dies at 73
- American musical icon Ray Charles died of complications from liver disease today at his Beverly Hills home. In a career that lasted more than half a century, Charles defied categorization and brought his soulful stylings to jazz, pop, country and rhythm and blues. [8:20 Realaudio broadcast] (June 10, 2004)
NPR : Remembering Ray Charles
- Day to Day remembers the life and songs of musician Ray Charles, who died today at the age of 73 after a long battle with cancer. [4:05 Realaudio broadcast] (June 10, 2004)
NPR : Ray Charles Sept. 11 Tribute
- Tavis Smiley speaks to Ray Charles about the events of Sept. 11, 2001 and about his version of the song America the Beautiful. [10:19 Realaudio broadcast] (September 11, 2002)
NPR : Ray Charles
- Tavis Smiley interviews music legend Ray Charles about his new CD Thanks for Bringing Love Around Again. Charles talks about the album, his career and why after 50 years in the business, he still finds enjoyment in making music. [27:33 Realaudio broadcast] (August 01, 2002)
NPR : Singer and Pianist Ray Charles
- Retrospective of interviews and live recordings as part of a Soul Music Week series. [16:14 Realaudio broadcast] (August 27, 2001)
The NPR 100 : Ray Charles
- Robert Siegel talks to musician Ray Charles about his 1959 song 'What'd I Say'. The song was chosen by NPR listeners as part of the 'NPR 100'... 100 pieces of music that are among the best American music of the 20th century. (February 21, 2000)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 8:50:14 AM EST -