become an editor
the entire directory
only in Theory_and_Criticism/Journals
Theory and Criticism
Arts: Movies: News and Media
Reference: Journals: Arts
Bright Lights Film Journal
- A popular-academic hybrid of movie analysis, history, and commentary written by curdled critics and excitable academics.
Canadian Journal of Film Studies
- Current issue's abstracts, past issues' index, editorial information, and order form.
The Film Journal
- The Film Journal is an online film quarterly that encourages and engages passionate and informed criticism of classic and contemporary world cinema, largely from an auteurist perspective.
- Online journal dedicated to serious debate about film. Also a discussion salon and extensive list of related links.
- Quarterly published by University of California Press. Subscription information, sample issue, FAQ, and links.
Framework: The Journal of Cinema and Media
- International scholarly film journal. Full issues and archives online.
Images Film Journal
- Articles about movies, with an emphasis on the visual language of cinema. Includes studies of Westerns, film noir, serials, horror, stardom, and Alfred Hitchcock.
Journal of Religion and Film
- Examines religion as it is portrayed in film.
- Online journal on film and other contemporary media. Seeks to recognize media in social and political context in relation to class, race, and gender. Includes archive and index of past issues.
- A journal for film and audiovisual media. Selected articles on film theory as well as information about related books and film festivals.
- A fortnightly internet journal of film in the new Europe.
Latent Image Film Journal
- Written by Emerson College students, explores the medium of film through reviews, criticisms, theory, and opinions.
Literature Film Quarterly
- Focuses upon problems of adapting and transforming fiction and drama into film. Editors, back issues index, subscription information, and upcoming events.
Millennium Film Journal
- List of issues since 1978 to present, with selected articles.
Screening the Past
- International journal of visual media and history, with a heavy focus on cinema. Includes editorial policies, submission information, and full text with searchable archive.
Senses of Cinema
- An online film journal devoted to the serious and eclectic discussion of cinema, of art, independent and experimental cinemas.
- Examines topics ranging from international cinema to the history and aesthetics of film; each issue focuses on a specific theme. General information and selected articles.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 12, 2014 at 14:28:36 UTC -