become an editor
the entire directory
only in Movies/Theory_and_Criticism
Theory and Criticism
Open Directory - Arts: Movies: Theory and Criticism
Arts: Movies: History
Arts: Movies: Reviews
Reference: Dictionaries: By Subject: Film
'Alliwell That Ends Well
- Brief analysis of films by many directors.
Brian W. Fairbanks
- Reviews and essays on film criticism by the entertainment editor at the Paris Woman Journal.
Chronicle Of A Passion
- Film reviews and commentary by Steve Erickson, with a concentration on foreign film.
- Essays on film, directors, and genres.
Cinetext - film & philosophy
- Internet forum for cinema studies addressing students, researchers, scholars, and anyone with an interest in the thoughtful exploration of cinema, film, and television.
Classic Movies-Related Articles
- Repository of articles which originally appeared as newsgroup postings but which stand on their own as arguments or elucidations.
- Essays by scholars, guests, and students, reviewing and discussing films and other media from an historical perspective.
- A review of film, books, and media arts. Includes features and reviews of selected works.
Essays on the Craft of Dramatic Writing
- Essays that review films from a storytelling point of view.
- Commentary on various movie genres, along with film recommendations.
International Federation of Film Critics
- Organization with 46 member countries. Includes film news, festival reports, and resources on film criticism.
Is It A Book: Cinema
- A discussion of nonlinear narrative in film.
- Attepts to answer the question of whether the digital age is affecting traditional cinema.
- Reviews films of artistic and independent variety, highlighting content and context. List of films as well as feature articles.
- Takes tongue in cheek view toward movie criticism and many of the personalities involved in film. Archived articles for each season starting in spring 1999.
- Interpretation of films by using philosophical texts and vice versa.
Recent Movies and TV Programs: Signs of the Future?
- The Revelation 13 web site discusses how movies relate to prophecies of world events, and how movies can help us understand the chaotic world events today.
Senses of Cinema
- An online film journal devoted to the serious and eclectic discussion of cinema, of art, independent and experimental cinemas.
Strictly Film School
- An evolving analysis journal of landmark cinema, examining universal themes, symbols and imagery, historical and artistic genres.
No, But I Read The Movie
- "Great books into films, or films from great auteurs... film lovers, make up your critical minds!" By Richard C. Walls [Metro Times Detroit]. (November 21, 2000)
Theory and Criticism
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 31, 2014 at 6:45:05 UTC -