become an editor
the entire directory
only in Film_Societies/United_Kingdom
Open Directory - Arts: Movies: Organizations: Film Societies: United Kingdom
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Arts and Entertainment: Film
Abingdon College and District Film Society
- Provides a full programme and details of next screening, membership and organisation information and downloadable programme notes and members' reactions for the films already shown.
Bath University Film Society
- Screens a range of classic films. Schedule and upcoming events.
Blandford Forum Film Society
- Provides information on membership and the current programme, along with an archive of the previous season.
Bradford on Avon Film Society
- Newsletter, full programme and archive. Wiltshire.
Bridport Film Society
- Aims to introduce to a broader audience films that cannot be seen in local commercial cinemas. Overview, venue information, programme, membership details, film archive, contacts, and links.
Chelmsford Film Club
- Showing arthouse and foreign films. Provides information on the society and the current season of screening with film summaries.
Cheltenham Film Society
- Large membership based organization that shows recent foreign (English subtitles) films, and some lesser known UK/US films. Includes details about the society, where they meet, the films they show, and their history.
Chester Film Society
- Membership-based society who show films in the 16mm format, using original dialogue with subtitles for the foreign films. Includes performances information and membership details.
Churchill MCR Film Society
- Presents films in the Wolfson Hall at Churchill College. Includes details of the films showing at the cinema, with a plot summary of each.
Edinburgh Film Guild
- Latest news and details of up and coming events, full listings of films, gallery of stills and details on how to join the guild.
Edinburgh University Film Society
- Holds weekly meetings and regular film showings. Features detailed information about the society, joining information, film reviews, mailing list, and forum.
Fecken Odeon Cinema Society
- Based in a Worcestershire village, specialising in classic films. Provides information on the organisation, current programme schedule, details of the next screening and membership information.
Film Club at the Roxy
- Film society based in Ulverston, Cumbria. Programme, reviews, archive, history, contact details, and links.
FLIX - Loughborough Students Film Society
- Provides details of the next screening and a screening schedule, alongside membership, history, technical information and society news.
Guide to UK Film Societies
- Overview of the UK film society movement, with news from the BFFS.
Harrogate Film Society
- Established in 1955 by film enthusiasts; aims to screen a wide range of films which may not achieve wide distribution. Includes theatre location, programme details, membership information, and links.
Haverfordwest Film Society
- Includes programme, links, contact information, and admission rates. Operates from the Merlin Theatre, Pembrokeshire College.
Heartland Film Society
- Established in 2001. Aims to bring cinema experience closer to Aberfeldy and to promote Scottish filmmaking. Overview, programme, membership information, events, contact information, and links.
- A student union affiliated group, that screens films at Imperial College's Student Union Building. Includes previously screened films, staff and general information.
Napier University Film Society
- Organization based in Edinburgh with weekly meetings. General information, history, events, membership details, locations, and links.
The Open Film Society
- Provides a wide selection of films in each season from September to May. Includes announcements, general information, membership details, and a programme schedule. Milton Keynes.
Petherton Picture Show
- A film club based in South Petherton with monthly screenings. Film list, directions, tickets, news, ground rules, and contact information.
Pontardawe Film Society
- Information on past and present screenings, newsletter, and links. Based in Swansea, Wales.
Reel People Film Society
- Background information and history, awards, events, people, projects, and links. Kilmersdon, Somerset.
Robinson College Film Society, Cambridge
- A group showing a varied selection of films in the Robinson College auditorium. Includes descriptions of the current films, a schedule, and location information.
Saddleworth Film Society
- Showing contemporary films. Schedule, venue and membership information.
Solihull Film Society
- Meets monthly September to April. Includes information on programme, membership and news.
St John's Picturehouse
- A student-run cinema based in St John's College, Cambridge University, showing films that are a mixture of old and new, blockbuster and less well known. Includes a termcard of current films, theatre location, and member information.
Stafford Film Theatre
- Registered charity that shows 22 films per year in the Gatehouse Theatre of Stafford. Program, pricing, past films, and contact details.
Thanet Film Society
- Based in Broadstairs, Kent. Includes news, film listings, the history of the society, and reviews of DVDs.
UCLU Film Society
- An associated society of University College London Union who meet socially once a week to show, discuss making, and chat about films. Includes joining instructions, meeting, and workshop and seminar information.
- Southampton University Students' Union film society shows over 70 films a year in digital surround sound, on a big screen, in a several hundred-seat capacity theatre. Includes a searchable film database, news, reviews and society information.
University of Sheffield Film Unit
- A volunteer organization that runs the cinema in the Sheffield University Student's Union. Includes upcoming films for the week and the term, general information, and special events.
Warwick Student Cinema
- Cinema and film club for students of the University Of Warwick and their guests. Includes news, FAQ, rotas, technical information, meeting minutes, gallery, and member's area.
Winchester Film Society
- Showing independent world cinema. Includes news, current programme, membership details and a discussion forum.
Woking's New Cinema Club
- Includes current programme, past programme with ratings, membership and location details.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 29, 2013 at 6:15:02 UTC -