become an editor
the entire directory
only in Movies/History
Theory and Criticism
Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Theaters and Cinemas
Arts: Art History
Arts: Photography: Reference: History
Business: Marketing and Advertising: Advertising: History
Society: History: By Topic: Cultural History
This category in other languages:
The Greatest Films
- Interpretive, descriptive review commentary and historical background for hundreds of classic Hollywood and other American films in the last century.
Buckey's Film History and Resources Page
- Provides articles, news and commentary on film history, include sections on film preservation and conservation.
- Chronicles the history of motion pictures and films from the silent era to the end of the 20th century.
Classic Film Safari
- Personal site providing information about classic films from 1930's through 1950's.
- Features articles, images, audio clips, links and comprehensive bibliography on Hollywood's Golden Era.
Film and History
- Interdisciplinary journal of film and television studies. Subscriptions, events, announcements, links, and contact information.
Film History By Decade
- Series of web articles to provide a comprehensive survey of the history of cinema.
- Focuses on foreign film and early cinematic history. Reviews and information pages on films and directors along with links to related sites. Also includes a discussion forum.
Film Notes from the CMA
- A selection of notes from programs curated by Dennis Toth at the Columbus Museum of Art between 1979 to 1992.
The German-Hollywood Connection
- A guide to the impact on Hollywood by film people from Austria, Germany, and Switzerland.
Greenbriar Picture Shows
- This site provides rare images, original ads, and behind-the-scenes glimpses of classic Hollywood films, along with insightful commentary.
Hollywood Lost and Found
- Hollywood history, film facts, movie props and sound effects trivia.
The Hollywood Thirties
- A personal homepage devoted to the history and trends of the movies of the 1930s, as well as information on leading actors/actresses of the era.
Hooray for Hollywood
- Dedicated to the actors and actresses from Hollywood's "Golden Era" of film during the early part of the 20th century.
IMDb - This Day in Movie History
- Births, deaths and marriages of movie stars and celebrities.
Incomplete History of the Blind as Portrayed in Movies and TV
- Reviews for television shows and films which feature blind persons.
- The Library of Congress' online exhibit of the early motion pictures and sound recordings of the Edison Companies. Includes biography and information about Thomas Edison and his experiments in motion pictures.
Library of Congress - Motion Picture and Television Reading Room
- Information about the library's motion picture collections and archival materials.
The Monster That Ate Hollywood
- PBS program explores the changing face of Hollywood and how the movie business, and movies themselves, have changed over the past 25 years.
- A chronology of world cinema from 1878 to the present day, indexed by year and country. Welcomes content submissions from users.
Museu del Cinema
- One of the few museums where you can journey through the 500 years of the history of images, seeing what were the predecessors and the origins of the cinema.
Origins of Animation
- Development of early American animation represented by collection of 21 animated films and 2 fragments, spanning the years 1900-1921. Part of the American Memory Project, Library of Congress.
- Collection of articles focusing on the history of adult material in motion pictures and videography. Also includes lists of film performers who have died from or are living with AIDS.
The Picture Show Man
- Dedicated to exploring the history of motion pictures from 1890 to 1960, in all of its aspects, and to encouraging others to share in that exploration.
The Production Code of the Motion Picture Industry (1930-1968)
- For four decades, American theatrical movies were governed by a self-policing agency which restricted the content that audiences would see. This web site catalogs instance of content that was shaped by "The Code" or which circumvented or violated the restrictions.
- Features brief profiles and photographs of women in film throughout the 1960s.
Walt's Wyoming Film Web
- Information about 20th century film in Wyoming, USA.
Who's Who of Victorian Cinema
- A biographical guide to those who, behind and in front of the camera, collectively invented cinema in the 1890s.
Wisconsin Center for Film and Theater Research
- The motion picture history collections includes film, other visual records and manuscript collections documenting a full century of cinema.
Women in Cinema
- A reference guide to women in motion pictures and feminist films, and covers such topics as feminism, the women's movement, and women's issues as portrayed in movies.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 22, 2014 at 23:44:36 UTC -