become an editor
the entire directory
only in Filmmaking/FAQs,_Help,_and_Tutorials
FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
Arts: Movies: Education
- Reference to idea development, screenplay writing, production, and distribution. Also offers a guide to film schools, newsletter, podcast, and links.
Cinema: How are Hollywood Films Made?
- Annenberg Media exhibit which presents the moviemaking process, with modules on screenwriting, directing, producing, acting, and editing.
Digital Filmmaking Secrets
- Online resource center for digital filmmaking, with articles on screenwriting, directing, cinematography and producing.
Dogma 2001: New Rules for Internet Cinema
- Ten rules to follow when creating internet cinema rather than a film for film festivals.
DVFilm's Digital Video to Film Transfer FAQ
- The top ten questions asked by beginning digital filmmakers: how to shoot digital video tape for transfer to either 35mm or 16mm film.
- An educational resource for indie film-makers, including those with little to no film training.
- Articles and discussions of practical and theoretical filmmaking.
- Cinema projection tips, equipment manual downloads, projection picture warehouse and a forum for film handlers.
- Offers tutorials and manuals in PDF format. Also includes links to software and screenplays.
- An ever-growing compendium of filmmaking help, pointers, advice, and mistakes from award-winning writer and director Greg Pak.
- Tutorials, videos, and interviews covering all aspects of production, including screenwriting, distribution, and funding sources. Includes a forum and links.
- Producer Jason Brubaker's weblog with articles covering production, networking, writing, funding, and marketing.
Guerrilla Filmmaking 101: Motivation
- First in a series of articles to guide independent filmmakers without studio backing to a successful completion of their film.
How To Make Your Movie
- Interactive CD-ROM that simulates the environment of a film school, allowing users to learn about and experience all of the steps involved in making their own films.
Independent Film Advice
- Brief tutorials and links for all aspects of production.
Making The Film
- This site aims to educate and inspire would-be film-makers. Includes the author's filmmaking diary, a quick-start guide to filmmaking, and clips and stills.
- Isaac Botkin's weblog on independent filmmaking tools and techniques. Articles and links.
- Information and tutorials in amateur filmmaking, including special effects, camera shots, lighting, and equipment.
- FAQ for the newsgroup : rec.arts.movies.tech
- The art and craft of making cinema: the equipment, methods and techniques used by hundreds of thousands of people over the last one hundred years.
So You Wanna Work in Movies?
- A real-life guide to working in feature films. Written by Oliver Stapleton, a cinematographer with 28 years experience and 40 features behind him.
Sonnyboo: Articles on Filmmaking
- 22 articles to help beginning moviemakers and digital video enthusiasts.
Soyouwanna Make a Low-Budget Movie?
- This article explains how to make a movie on a small budget, from pre-production to production and post-production.
- Weblog chronicling projects in video work and moviemaking. Includes photographs, instructions, and video clips.
Usenet rec.arts.movies.tech -
FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 25, 2014 at 19:45:10 UTC -