become an editor
the entire directory
only in Experimental/Venues
Open Directory - Arts: Movies: Filmmaking: Experimental: Venues
Arts: Movies: Theaters
Anthology Film Archives
- Screening site and film preservation center, located at 2nd Ave and 2nd Street, New York, NY.
Aurora Picture Show
- Non-profit center for film, video and new media housed in a 1924 church building in Houston, Texas.
- Mobile, makeshift, volunteer-run venue for experimental, independent and other under-represented forms of film and (occasionally) video making in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Offers workshops, runs screening series. Site also hosts Reeling: Chicago Lesbian and Gay International Film Festival.
Electric Eye Cinema
- Madison, WI venue for independent documentary features and shorts of any genre. Includes screening schedule, company profile, catalog and order form.
Film at The Bug Theatre
- The Bug Performance and Media Art Center, Denver, Colorado.
Hallwalls Contemporary Arts Center
- Multi-disciplinary arts center in Buffalo, NY which for over 20 years has presented contemporary art to audiences in the Western New York region.
- Schedule for Paris-based film series.
Los Angeles Filmforum
- Alternative screenings in Los Angeles. Host of the First Sight Scene series, screening new works in avant garde media by emerging California artists.
Millennium Film Workshop
- The Millennium is a non-profit, film arts and community membership organization that was founded in 1966 and offers a variety of exhibition programs, services, and classes for the Independent Filmmaker.
- Venue for independent and experimental film located in Shreveport, Louisiana.
- Harrisburg, Pennsylvania's first independent cinema. Dedicated to showing work created by artists and filmmakers that push the boundaries of art and cinema.
- Ongoing series of unusual and experimental film in San Francisco.
Pacific Film Archive
- A center for the exhibition and study of cinema, in Berkeley, CA.
- Film and video collective in Toronto, Ontario. News, projects, and publications.
Robert Beck Memorial Cinema
- Eclectic film series, Tuesdays at Collective Unconscious, New York, NY.
San Francisco Cinematheque
- Offers 75 different programs every year, including: in-person presentations, contemporary experiments in film and video, historical works.
- Squeaky Wheel/Buffalo Media Resources supports and promotes the creation of film, video, and digital/computer art by independent and community media makers in Buffalo and WNY.
The Blinding Light
- 100 seat microcinema located in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada specializing in alternative, underground and obscure film and video screenings.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 6:20:27 PM EST -