become an editor
the entire directory
only in H/Hughes,_John
Open Directory - Arts: Movies: Filmmaking: Directing: Directors: H: Hughes, John
Arts: Movies: Filmmaking: Producing: Producers
Arts: Movies: Filmmaking: Screenwriting: Screenwriters
The CineFiles - The John Hughes Films
- Online talk show episodes (two parts) about the films of John Hughes.
Cinematical - Cinematical Seven: Greatest John Hughes Movie Moments
- Peter Martin's favorite movie clips from John Hughes, who "mined his suburban Midwestern teenage territory thoroughly, leaving no awkward, class-conscious, embarrassing, financially slighted, pretty in pink, uncomfortable stone unturned." Includes links to related coverage.
The Daily Beast - Remembering John Hughes
- Watch clips of Ferris Bueller's Day Off and other great movies from the legendary director John Hughes. Includes gallery of his muses then and now.
Entertainment Weekly - John Hughes Remembered: Stars from 'Bueller,' 'Pretty in Pink,' and More Pay Tribute
- Friends and colleagues remember John Hughes: Jon Cryer (Duckie from ‘Pretty in Pink’), Kevin Bacon (Jake from ‘She’s Having a Baby’), Bill Paxton (Chet from ‘Weird Science’), Jeffrey Jones (Principal Ed Rooney from ‘Ferris Bueller’), Alan Ruck (Cameron from ‘Ferris Bueller’), Lea Thompson (Amanda from ‘Some Kind of Wonderful’), Kelly Lynch (Grey from ‘Curly Sue’), Harold Ramis (director of Hughes-penned ‘Vacation’), Beverly D'Angelo (Ellen Griswold in ‘Vacation’), Daniel Stern (burglar in Hughes-penned ‘Home Alone’), Chris Columbus (director of ‘Home Alone’).
Entertainment Weekly - John Hughes: 20 Key Movies
- Photo gallery of scenes from twenty films of writer-director John Hughes.
The Guardian - John Hughes
- Collected news articles and photos of John Hughes and his films.
IMDb - John Hughes
- Profile and filmography as writer, director, producer and actor.
Legacy.com - John Hughes
- Obituary and guest book for John Hughes, providing online condolences and tributes.
The New York Times - John Hughes
- Collection of recent and archived news and commentary, photographs, multimedia and selected web resources about the film writer, director and producer.
Rolling Stone - Remembering John Hughes: A Teenager At Heart
- Movie critic Peter Travers lights sixteen candles in honor of indelible John Hughes movie moments
Rolling Stone Flashback: A Look Back at the Great John Hughes
- Video clips of some of the best music moments in the teen films of John Hughes.
Rotten Tomatoes - Celebrity Profile: John Hughes
- Profile of screenwriter, director and producer John Hughes includes filmography, photo galleries, and tomatometer lists and graphs.
Washington Post - Most Likely to Understand
- Hank Stuever's remembrance of John Hughes and his films about teenagers. Includes related articles, Jen Chaney's Q&A with pen pal Alison Byrne Fields, photos and forum.
We'll Know When We Get There - Sincerely, John Hughes
- Blog entry by Alison Byrne Fields about John Hughes and their two year pen-pal relationship when she was a teenager.
Wikipedia - John Hughes (filmmaker)
- Hyperlinked encyclopedia article about the writer, director and producer perhaps best known as the 'teen movie king' and the writer and producer of Home Alone.
YouTube - John Hughes 80s Montage *RIP*
- Clips from a collection of films by John Hughes, set to 'Baba O'Riley' (Teenage Wasteland).
YouTube - John Hughes Tribute Award Film 1991
- Tribute film made at the height of John Hughes's career when he was named 1991 Producer of the Year by the National Association of Movie Theater Owners.
MTV - Why John Hughes Still Matters
- Susannah Gora, author of a book about John Hughes, provides a few of the reasons the late writer/producer/director inspired a touching Oscars tribute. (March 07, 2010)
Vanity Fair - Sweet Bard of Youth
- Talking to the late John Hughes’s sons and Brat Pack favorites, David Kamp finds the writer-director was an amalgam of all his now classic characters. (March 01, 2010)
The Huffington Post - Kevin Smokler: John Hughes: 'The Audacity of Empathy'
- John Hughes captured "an adolescence to be learned from instead of suffered through and forgotten, where parents and their teenagers tried to do right, even though they couldn't always do good, and, in the end, understood that We Are Not Alone." (August 18, 2009)
Huffington Post - The Early Ferris Bueller: Remembering John Hughes' Years in Advertising
- Robert Nolan, retired Vice Chairman of Creative Services at Leo Burnett, reminisces about the years when the filmmaker worked for him. (August 11, 2009)
Huffington Post - Remembering John Hughes
- Alec Baldwin's remembrance of filmmaker John Hughes, especially his enthusiasm about his work and his humor. (August 08, 2009)
BBC News - Hughes' Memorable Film Moments
- A look at some of John Hughes' best-loved movies, which have endured as cult classics. Includes link to his obituary. (August 07, 2009)
People - Stars, Collaborators Remember John Hughes
- Actors, colleagues and friends remember John Hughes, personally and professionally. (August 07, 2009)
vimeo - BBC 5 Interview Sincerely, John Hughes
- BBC 5 interview with Alison Byrne Fields about her blog describing her two-year pen pal relationship with filmmaker John Hughes. (August 07, 2009)
Chicago Sun-Times - John Hughes: In Memory
- Film critic Roger Ebert remembers John Hughes and the international popularity of his films. (August 06, 2009)
LA Times - John Hughes: The Soundtrack to a Generation
- "A great teen movie needs a soundtrack. Youth is captured better in song than on film, and behind every brain, athlete, basket case, princess or a criminal is a score. John Hughes knew how to find it." (August 06, 2009)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 10, 2013 at 11:54:03 UTC -