the entire directory
only in Movies/Education
Open Directory - Arts: Movies: Education
This category in other languages:
A Better Film
- Online mentoring program focusing on directing, writing and producing. Seminar details, instructor biography, and links.
Advanced Research Team on History and Epistemology of Moving Image Study
- Research team based at Concordia University in Montreal. Offers resources and video lectures about the history and epistemology of film and moving image studies. Also includes an annotated bibliography.
- Motivational speaker on the topic of filmmaking. Seminar details, resume, testimonials, and contact information.
Berkeley Digital Film Institute
- 16-month total immersion program in producing and directing. Overview, course details, admissions, faculty profiles, equipment, facilities, demo reels of students and alumni, news links, and blog.
Bobby Logan's 1-Day $99 Film School
- Crash course in making and marketing a low-budget feature film. Overview, information about the teacher, and upcoming class schedule.
City Eye Media Centre
- Media centre as well as film and video workshop based in outhampton and Hampshire, United Kingdom.
- Short courses for students wishing to follow a career in set or production design or art direction. Overview, instructor profile, and registration details.
Cut It Training
- Offers film production and video production training. Profile, courses and training locations. London, UK.
H-Net: Film and History
- Exists to further the use of film in teaching and research, to disseminate information about film and film use, to work for an effective system of film preservation, and to organize periodic conferences and seminars dealing with film.
- Offers film workshops throughout the United States. Includes details about each type of seminar, testimonials, and contact information.
HowStuffWorks: How Movie Projectors Work
- Graphic explanation of the projection system that makes watching a movie at a theater possible. By Jeff Tyson.
International Directory of Design
- Directory of film and cinematography educational programs.
- Offers consulting and seminars originally developed from graduate courses on psychology and film. Background information, staff, services, news, and upcoming events.
Movie Extras Resources & Registration
- Resources for potential movie and TV extras and actors. Join the Film Extras Coalition for casting tips.
Movie in a Box
- A one-day filmmaking seminar where independent filmmakers teach from their own films. Background, upcoming dates, syllabus, and links.
Participate Film Academy
- Offers a 12-month part-time course during which students make a feature-length film while learning about the process. Overview, enrollment information, graduate profiles, and resources. Sydney, Australia.
Robert McKee's Story Seminar
- Three-day course covering aspects of storytelling. Background information, syllabus, seminar dates, famous graduates, registration information, and discussion forum.
- Links to film education, resources, production companies, newsgroups and chat rooms.
Society for Cinema and Media Studies
- Promotes the scholarly study of film, television, and video.
Soyouwanna be a movie extra?
- Explains the ins and outs of being a movie extra, including casting companies, unions, on-the-job dos and don'ts, the importance of skills and looks, and some important terms and concepts related to the job.
- Resources for aspiring film makers.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, May 31, 2010 1:04:04 PM EDT -