become an editor
the entire directory
only in Authors/Rankin,_Ian
Open Directory - Arts: Literature: World Literature: Scottish: Authors: Rankin, Ian
Arts: Literature: Genres: Mystery: Authors: R
This category in other languages:
- Author's official site. Gives biography, list of published books with details of each, recent news, mailing list form, links, and contact information.
Bookreporter.com: Ian Rankin
- Provides a biography, an interview, a bibliography, and commentary on some of the novels.
Booksnbytes.com: Interview with Ian Rankin
- Gives his thoughts on John Rebus, his own life and interests, and crime writing.
Contemporarywriters.com: Ian Rankin
- Has a biography, bibliography, list of awards, and a critical essay on the novels.
Guardian Unlimited: A Life in Crime
- Author's thoughts on modern crime writing. He also gives a summary of crime fiction in the last 150 years.
Guardian Unlimited: Complete Short Stories
- Reviews stories in the collection, as well as providing a general introduction to short story writing.
Guardian Unlimited: Secrets and Lies: The Impossible World of DI John Rebus
- Article on the author's main character. It also includes background on the writing of the novels.
Hackwriters.com: Resurrection Men
- Gives plot and commentary, as well as views on Rebus.
Imdb.com: Ian Rankin
- Has list of author's television appearances as well as film adaptations of his novels.
Imdb.com: Rebus: Black and Blue (2000) (TV)
- Offers a list of the cast, along with reader comments and feedback.
Imdb.com: Rebus: Dead Souls (2001) TV
- Provides details of the cast, a plot summary, and reader comments.
Imdb.com: Rebus: Mortal Causes (2001) (TV)
- A cast list, trivia note, and reader reviews are offered.
Imdb.com: Rebus: The Hanging Garden (2000) (TV)
- User comments and reviews are provided, along with a complete list of the cast.
Inspector Rebus Group
- Yahoo club for discussion of the books and TV series. Also has bibliography and a photo.
Januarymagazine.com: Ian Rankin
- Gives interview, discussing crime writing and the background to some of the novels. Also has an author profile.
Spikemagazine.com: Dead Souls
- Review of the novel by Gary Marshall. Also shows picture of the cover.
Twbooks: Ian Rankin
- Includes author profile, introductions to the works, ordering details, articles and a bibliography.
The Scotsman: Locating the City's Rebus Role
- Tells of the locations where the latest Rebus television series will be shot. (January 03, 2006)
The Scotsman: New Man On the Case to Pound the Rebus Beat
- Profile and background of Ken Stott, who plays Rebus in the latest television series. Also includes parts of an interview with him. (January 02, 2006)
The Sunday Mail: I Know All the Darkest Corners Just Like Rebus
- The actor John Stott compares his knowledge of Edinburgh with that of Rebus. (January 01, 2006)
The Sunday Mail: Rankin's Snob Rap
- Gives the author's reactions to those who think crime writing is not as good as other literature. (December 18, 2005)
Sunday Mail: Rebus Will Flee Scottish Cig Ban
- Describes how Rebus might react to the ban on cigarette smoking in pubs. (November 13, 2005)
Scotsman: Rebus Story Ends Happily for City Charity
- Tells of the sale of copies of a signed Rebus short-story to raise money for a Scottish charity. (November 03, 2005)
Scotsman: Opening the File On Life Without Rebus
- Discusses the author's plans for the last two Rebus novels, as well as the former's activities in the meantime. (October 24, 2005)
- A lengthy article by the author about the new housing development named after him, as well as a discussion of the housing of his childhood and that of his character Rebus. (September 18, 2005)
Scotsman: Rankin Novels Fail to Detect High Bidders
- Describes the auction of several first edition Rebus novels, and the prices fetched for them. (August 27, 2005)
iafrica.com:The Magic of Edinburgh
- Gives a description of some of the places and sights that the author used in several of his Rebus novels. (July 14, 2005)
Bookslut: An Interview With Ian Rankin
- Author explains the background to several of his novels, crime writing, the Rebus character, his musical interests, and the city of Edinburgh. (July 01, 2005)
C21Media: ITV Returns to Rebus
- Offers details of the new series of Rebus television programmes. (June 22, 2005)
BBC: Crime Author Rankin's Stage Role
- Gives details of live musical and storytelling performances by the author and Jackie Leven. (March 24, 2005)
Guardian Unlimited: Set In Darkness
- Offers a summary of the novel's plot. (March 03, 2000)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 31, 2013 at 2:47:02 UTC -