become an editor
the entire directory
only in World_Literature/Latin_American
Open Directory - Arts: Literature: World Literature: Latin American
Arts: Literature: Cultural: Latino
Arts: Literature: World Literature: Spanish
Regional: South America: Arts and Entertainment
This category in other languages:
An archaeology of the Boom
- A resource page with related articles about the works of Jorge Luis Borges, Alejo Carpentier, Juan Rulfo, Carlos Fuentes, Julio Cortázar, Gabriel García Márquez and Manuel Puig.
Anthology of Spanish Poetry
- Several poems and interesting information about Spanish grammar and phonetics.
- Ricardo Güiraldes's novel, "Don Segundo Sombra". Overview and a passage translated from Spanish to English language.
Argentine Literature History
- Several web pages covering the period 1810-1990.
- "Offspring of the Distant World", poetry in Guarani, Spanish and English by Susy Delgado.
Cervantes and the Modern Latin American Narrative
- An essay by Roberto González Echevarría examines how the Quijote has been re-written in Latin America and Cervantes as a figure of the author is more important than Don Quijote the character, in contrast to Spain.
Cesar Vallejo: the poet, the militant, the communist
- A short analysis of Cesar Vallejo's career and an interview done to Miguel Gutierrez Correa about the author.
Change of Paradigm?
- The new Latin American theatre and the constitution of theatrical post modernity, by Alfonso de Toro.
Complete Review of Latin and South American Literature
- Index of Latin and South American Literature under review, organized by author, title, genre and national origin.
El Sur del Sur
- Argentinean literature history, from 1810 to 1990.
Essays, Plays, Poems, and Translations
- Contains "Literature and Revolution" by Fernando Alegria. An essay about the authenticity of experimentation, innovation and the revolutionary dynamism of existing Hispano American narrative.
Famous Hispanic writers
- A short list of some famous Hispanic writers with their biographies and links to related pages.
- An Anthology of Paraguayan Women Writers translated to English by Susan Smith Nash.
- Selected Internet resources in the Literature of Spain and Portugal.
Juan Rulfo, The Sound of Death
- Death as a fundamental element in Rulfian stories, an essay by Angie Galicia.
Latin American Collection at Yale University
- Guide to Latin American bibliography, literature, linguistics, journals, and general studies, organized by country.
Mexican and Latin American Literature
- Selected sources prepared by Laura M. Boyer, CSU Stanislaus Library.
- A virtual place for readers and writers interested in talking and trading information on South American writers.
- A semiotics of film and literary fiction: classic, modern, and postmodern. By Lauro Zavala, Universidad Autónoma de México, UAM Xochimilco, Mexico City.
Some Ghostly Tales from South America
- Overview of Magic Realists' short story art, written by Jessica Amanda Salmonson.
The Internet: a Latin American Province
- Based on his literary and cultural analysis, Roberto Hernández Montoya concludes that the Internet can be a Latin American province because its universal connections storm every frontier and place you everywhere and nowhere at the same time.
The Sor Juana Inés de la Cruz Project
- An electronic edition of her complete works based on the text of Adolfo Méndez Plancarte and Alberto G. Salceda.
Tiras cómicas latinoamericanas
- A sampling of Latin American comics, both Spanish and Portuguese, edited by Mark Rosenfelder.
Tribute to Ruben Dario
- An extensive collection of poems by Ruben Dario.
Women in Latin American Literature
- A selected list of narrative, poetry, drama and criticism by Latin American women.
- South American literature directory. Alphabetical listing of online literary resources organized by country and author name.
Usenet soc.culture.portuguese -
Usenet soc.culture.spain -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, March 3, 2010 11:14:51 AM EST -