become an editor
the entire directory
only in Authors/Joyce,_James
Open Directory - Arts: Literature: World Literature: Irish: Authors: Joyce, James
Chats and Forums
This category in other languages:
The Brazen Head: A James Joyce Public House
- Extensive scholarship, criticism, bibliography, biography, and links.
Dubliners: The Photographs of JJ Clarke
- A glimpse of James Joyce's Dublin through the photographs of JJ Clarke taken 1897-1904.
- Academic papers of an independent Joyce scholar.
Featured Author: James Joyce
- Includes all reviews and articles on Joyce which have appeared in the New York Times from 1919 to the present.
Flying by the Net
- Annotated links to lots of Joyce sites. Categories include mailing lists, publications, James Joyce Quarterly.
From Dublin to Ithaca: Cornell's James Joyce Collection
- Online exhibit showing highlights of Cornell University Library's collection of letters, manuscripts, and books documenting the life and work of the author.
GradeSavers : James Joyce (1882-1941)
- Summary of the book's stories and identification of its major themes.
The Guardian: James Joyce
- A profile of the writer, newspaper articles on him and his works, links to online texts.
In the Brothel of Modernism: Picasso and Joyce
- Essay by Robert Scholes, arguing that the brothel was a prime theatrical space for male modernists.
International James Joyce Foundation
- Encourages scholarship, criticism, and study of the life, work, and career of the writer, and enables scholars, critics, teachers, students, and general readers to achieve a greater appreciation and understanding of his work.
James Joyce and Avant-Garde Music
- An article by Scott W. Klein on Joyce's influence on 20th century music.
James Joyce and the Gaelic Tradition of Ireland
- Essay arguing that Joyce is primarily an Irish writer, conscious of Irish culture, and writing in an Irish, even Gaelic, tradition that goes back to the pre-Patrician druid.
James Joyce Annual Summer School
- Run by University College Dublin. One of the foremost gatherings in the Joycean calendar.
James Joyce at The University of Tulsa
- An image-only slideshow of some of the University of Tulsa's James Joyce collections.
A James Joyce Bibliography
- Extensive bibliography listing over 1,000 scholarly books, articles, and websites on Joyce's major works, including Dubliners, Portrait of the Artist, Ulysses, and Finnegans Wake.
The James Joyce Centre
- Run by the Joyce family, this elegant Georgian building in North Great George's Street is the centre of activity on Bloomsday.
The James Joyce Checklist
- A searchable database of citations and links to publications relevant to Joyce in any language and in any medium, from the early twentieth century to the present, hosted by the Harry Ransom Center at the University of Texas at Austin.
The James Joyce Collection at SUNY-Buffalo
- An online exhibit of one of the most distinguished and archival collections of Joyce editions and ephemera in any library.
James Joyce Music
- Explores the musical dimension of Ulysses, Dubliners, A Portrait, Joyce's poems, and Finnegans Wake, with essays on the literary context of the music and sound clips of songs.
James Joyce News
- Commentary, resources, and archival information about James Joyce from The New York Times.
The James Joyce Page
- Introduction to James Joyce, with essays on Portrait of the Artist, recommended links, and Joyce bookshop
James Joyce Ramble
- An annual footrace during which people read out loud from Joyce's books.
James Joyce Resource Center
- A reference source on Joyce. Features biographical information, bibliographies, articles, reviews, and links.
James Joyce Resources on the Internet
- Listing of key online Joycean resources.
James Joyce Scholars' Collection
- Online collection of valuable but currently out-of-print research and study aids focusing on Joyce's literary works.
The James Joyce Scholars' Collection at the University of Wisconsin
- A fully searchable online compilation of selected out-of-print critical scholarship on the works of James Joyce.
The James Joyce Society
- Founded in 1947 in New York City, the Society meets several times a year and is devoted to the appreciation of the life, works, and significance of the Irish author.
James Joyce Ulysses Images
- Aida Yared's collection of historical photos, illustrations, maps, postcards, stereoscope viewcards, and other contemporary images related to Ulysses, organized by chapter.
The New Yorker: The Injustice Collector
- Long essay explores the question, "Is James Joyce’s grandson, Stephen Joyce, suppressing scholarship?"
Raising the Wind
- A University of Tulsa blog providing news and information about Joyce studies and events across the globe.
Read Print: James Joyce
- Complete works, biography, quotes.
Trieste Joyce School
- A description of activities from 1997 to the present, including lecturers, scholarships and application.
Wikipedia: James Joyce
- Biography with information on the writing of Ulysses and Finnegans Wake, plus consideration of his legacy and a bibliography.
Works of James Joyce Exhibition
- Imelda Murphy's exhibition of Joyce-related books and other items on display in June 2011 at the Peterborough Library, Peterborough, New Hampshire.
Zurich James Joyce Foundation
- Includes articles from newsletter and information on events, workshops, and scholarships.
Usenet alt.books.james-joyce -
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, November 16, 2013 12:34:49 PM EST -