become an editor
the entire directory
only in Indian/Mahabharata
Epics of India
- Contains an abridged but complete version of Mahabharata. Also includes a summary of the epic.
The Great Epic of India
- Scholarly resources. Includes a list of the principal mordern sources with commentaries on each, as well as a brief synopsis.
The Mahabharat Chronology
- The site describes the Vedic calendar and then gives the dates for the important events of the Mahabharata based on that calendar, thus giving a time frame to the epic and the ages of the characters at the various events.
- The complete text of Chakravarti Rajagopalachari's retelling of the story, as a single online PDF file. [PDF]
- Complete electronic copy of the work. Based on John Smith's revision of Prof. Muneo Tokunaga's version of the text, checked at the Bhandarkar Institute, Pune. Requires registration and login.
The Mahabharata and the Sindhu-Sarasvati Tradition
- Discusses the evidence and the possibilities for placing the basic story in the third to fifth millenia before the Christian era. By Subhash Kak. [PDF]
- Provides resources on the epic, including Sanskrit text, translations, studies, commentaries, and derivative works.
Mahabharata Tatparyam Nirnaya
- Download text, and information about one of the oldest commentaries on the Mahabharata.
Mahabharata: the Great Epic of India
- Includes an introduction and a synopsis, a list of English translations of the epic. Also has discussions of what dharma is, and of the complex dilemmas faced by the heroes and villains of the story.
- The complete text of the translation by Kisan Mohan Ganguli.
A Wonder of Ancient India: The Mahabharata
- A brief summary of the purpose and meaning of the work by Nhilde Davidson.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 6, 2014 at 7:29:43 UTC -