become an editor
the entire directory
only in British/Victorian
Open Directory - Arts: Literature: World Literature: British: Victorian
Browning, Elizabeth Barrett
Calverley, Charles Stuart
Collins, William Wilkie
Doyle, Arthur Conan
Mill, John Stuart
Newman, John Henry
Rossetti, Dante Gabriel
Thackeray, William Makepeace
Papers and Articles
Arts: Art History: Periods and Movements: Victorian Genres
Arts: Literature: World Literature: British: 19th Century
Aspects of the Victorian Book
- British Library site providing illustrated information on the production and publication of books in England, 1800-1900.
- A selection of Victorian era poetry and culture.
Charles Lever - The Lost Victorian
- Showcases S.P. Haddelsey's book, offering a critical vindication of Charles Lever's works.
James Orchard Halliwell-Phillipps
- Victorian scholar and author. Texts of small monographs on Shakespeare and British history.
Literary Resources - Victorian British (Lynch)
- Index of literary resources, focusing on those of interest to scholars. Searchable and organized by period and topic.
- Victorian poet, novelist and dramatist (1841-1901). Biographical information, bibliography, selected poems.
The Victorian Dictionary
- A guide to the social history of Victorian London, comprised of excerpts from primary sources arranged alphabetically.
The Victorian Web
- Scholarly resources on a wide range of Victorian topics: political and social history, philosophy, literature, individual authors, visual arts, science, technology, religion, entertainment, and economy. Developed by George P. Landow at Brown University.
- Collection of links to sites including bibliographies, literary background and electronic texts.
Victorian Prose Archive: E-Texts for Victorianists
- British Victorian fiction and non-fiction prose texts in PDF format. Authors include Arnold, Carlyle, Froude, Newman, Pater, and Wilde.
Victorian Web Sites
- Index of resources related to Victorian literature. Includes separate sections for Elizabeth Gaskell, the Bronte sisters, Thomas Hardy, and Charles Dickens.
Victorian Women Writers Project Library
- Texts by a range of authors in HTML and TEI formats, or for download.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 2:50:56 AM EST -