become an editor
the entire directory
only in British/Middle_English
Arts: Literature: Periods and Movements: Medieval
Arts: Literature: World Literature: British: Old English
Arts: Periods and Movements: Medieval
Society: History: By Time Period: Middle Ages
Anthology of Middle English Literature (1350-1485)
- Includes Chaucer, Gower, the Pearl Poet, Langland, Julian of Norwich, Kempe, Malory, Lydgate, Hoccleve, and the Paston family. The page for each author includes links to online texts, biographies, essays and articles, online resources, and other materials. The anthology also includes Everyman and other Middle English plays as well as Middle English lyrics. At the Luminarium site.
- Selection of Middle English and Old English texts.
Cambridge History of English and American Literature: Middle English Period
- Volume 1, Chapters 8-20 and Volume 2, Chapters 1-18. Covers every aspect of Middle English literature and discusses the major authors and literary works of the period.
- Arthurian legends and stories from the Middle English period and other periods.
Corpus of Middle English Prose and Verse
- A large collection of Middle English texts at the University of Michigan. A search engine enables full-text searches across the corpus.
Hannah Scot Manuscripts
- Two volumes of Middle English tales, legends, and Breton lais in modern English translations.
In Parentheses Arthurian Series
- Modern English translations of Middle English texts concerning King Arthur and his knights. Also includes some non-English texts.
In Parentheses Middle English Series
- Modern English translations of Middle English texts.
Internet Medieval Sourcebook
- Includes items from the Middle English period.
Labyrinth: Middle English
- Provides resources for Middle English studies, including original texts of literary works.
Middle English Lyrics
- Provides online texts of a large number of Middle English lyrics. Also includes web resources, essays, and articles.
Middle English Plays
- Includes an introduction to Middle English drama, online texts of a large number of plays, essays, articles, and additional web resources.
NetSERF: Medieval Literature
- Gives links to literary works by Middle English, Old English, and non-English authors.
Online Medieval and Classical Library
- Includes original texts from the Middle English period.
TEAMS Middle English Texts
- A large collection of Middle English texts. The apparatus for each text includes an introduction, the text, glosses, and notes. A search engine is also included. From TEAMS (The Consortium for the Teaching of the Middle Ages).
Voice of the Shuttle
- Provides extensive resources for the study of Middle English and Old English literature.
Wessex Parallel WebTexts
- Provides self-contained editions of short Middle English works. In most cases, the edition includes the Middle English text, modern English translation, notes, and glossary. Some annotated translations of longer works are also included.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 4, 2015 at 2:45:08 UTC -