become an editor
the entire directory
only in 17th_Century/Cary,_Elizabeth
- Marie-Louise Coolahan reviews Elizabeth Cary Lady Falkland: Life and Letters, by Heather Wolfe.
Elizabeth Cary's Mariam and the Critique of Pure Reason
- William M. Hamlin argues that "her play interrogates the facile distinction between reason and feeling that several of its characters, and especially the Chorus, routinely assume, and which contributes significantly to the protagonist's death."
Renaissance Drama: The Tragedy of Mariam
- Compares Cary's play to its source, Josephus's Antiquities of the Jews.
Review of The Tragedy of Mariam
- Critical evaluation of Stephanie J. Wright's edition of Cary's play. Written by Carrie Hintz; published in Early Modern Literary Studies 3:2 (September 1997).
The Tragedy of Miriam
- Downloadable full text. [pdf]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 14, 2011 at 14:23:22 UTC -