become an editor
the entire directory
only in World_Literature/Arabic
Open Directory - Arts: Literature: World Literature: Arabic
Al-Sayyab, Badr Shakir
Book of a Thousand and One Nights
Arts: Literature: World Literature: African
World: Arabic: فنون: أدب
Ameen F. Rihani
- A page dedicated to the Lebanese-American author and thinker. Site contains a biography, works in both English and Arabic, translations, tributes, and information on the Ameen Rihani Museum.
The Arabic Christian Literature
- An article by Dr. George Khoury about the contribution of the Melkites, the Jacobites, the Nestorians, the Copts and the Maronites to the Arab Christian heritage.
- An overview, from the Cornell University Library.
Arabic Literature Seminar at the ACLA
- Invites papers for a Seminar on Arabic literature at the annual convention of the American Comparative Literature Association to be held in April 2001.
- Provides English translations of poems by Amal Dunqul, Mahomoud Darwish, Khalil Gibran, and Nizar Qabbani.
- Published in Arabic, French, and English. Iraqi literatures include: Alsafna, poems and short stories. Also provides critiques, discussions and biographies.
The Legend of Layla and Madjnun
- The story and origin of one of the most popular legends of the Middle East.
Medieval Sourcebook: Selections from the Poets of Arabia
- A selection of Classic poems.
Ode of Tarafah
- An English translation of one of the seven mu'allaqat, translated by A. J. Arberry.
The Role of Women in Arabic Literature
- An article by Mona Mikhailis.
- Poetry site of The Egyptian author "Azza El Wakeel," in both the Arabic and English languages.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 6, 2014 at 7:34:57 UTC -