become an editor
the entire directory
only in 19th_Century/Thoreau,_Henry_David
Thoreau, Henry David
Arts: Literature: Genres: Nature Writing
Arts: Literature: World Literature: American: 19th Century: Emerson, Ralph Waldo
Regional: North America: United States: Massachusetts: Localities: C: Concord: Travel and Tourism: Parks: Walden Pond State Reservation
Society: Philosophy: History of Philosophy: 19th Century: American Transcendentalism
This category in other languages:
Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862): A Guide to Resources
- A concise, simple directory to resources on Thoreau and his classics including Walden, Civil Disobedience and Walking, plus resources on Transcendentalist authors, philosophy and literature.
AmericanPoems.com: Henry David Thoreau
- Find a short biography and a selection of Thoreau's most famous poems, plus analysis and comments on the poems.
Four Pioneering Environmental Advocates, 1845-1913
- A book review on H-NET by Adam M. Sowards on Robert L. Dorman's book, A Word for Nature, which includes Thoreau as one of its four subjects.
GradeSavers : Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)
- Biography with study guides and essays on "Civil Disobedience" and "Walden".
Henry David Thoreau
- Read about the life of Thoreau and explore three of his works online.
Henry David Thoreau and the Walden Mailing List
- A site devoted to Thoreau and the home of the Walden mailing list, dedicated to discussions of his work and thinking.
Henry David Thoreau at Today in Literature
- Biographical stories about Thoreau's life and the creation of specific works. Requires free registration to read full articles.
Henry David Thoreau Teaching Guide
- A guide for teaching Thoreau which can also serve as an introduction for students. Analysis of themes, suggested classroom strategies, questions, bibliography.
In Quest of Henry David Thoreau
- Features a biography, poetry, short stories, quotations, and discussions.
The Metamorphoses of Walden
- A discussion of Thoreau's contradictory relationship to both Transcendentalism and to science. In considering this, especial emphasis is put on Thoreau's observations of insects, so that entomology becomes a crucial link.
Poetry on Thoreau
- Poems about Thoreau, from Amy Belding Brown, Louisa May Alcott, Ralph Waldo Emerson and Sonya Welter.
- Mark Stabb's essay reflecting on Thoreau's "Walking."
- Three complete books and four essays by Henry David Thoreau, annotated copies of Walden and Civil Disobedience, links to other Thoreau sites, and help for students on the Walden Express
The Thoreau Society
- Organization to promote Thoreau's life and works through education, outreach, and advocacy. Includes membership information, activities and teacher resources.
Thoreau, Walden and the Environment
- The Walden Woods Project preserves Thoreau’s land and legacy by protecting Walden Woods, offering education programs, and managing the Thoreau Institute’s research collections.
Today in History: July 12
- The Library of Congress website honors Thoreau with an essay on his literary and philosophical contributions.
The Walden Mailing List
- Mailing list (waldenlist) dedicated to Henry David Thoreau.
Writing a Paper on Thoreau
- Advice from Fred Musante for students writing a paper on Thoreau.
Thoreau, Henry David
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 18, 2014 at 13:55:11 UTC -