become an editor
the entire directory
only in Theory/Hypertext
Reviews and Criticism
Open Directory - Arts: Literature: Reviews and Criticism: Theory: Hypertext
Arts: Literature: Poetry: Interactive
Arts: Online Writing: E-zines: Fiction: Hypertext
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Linux: Projects: Office Applications: Spreadsheets: Hypertext
Reference: Knowledge Management: Information Overload: Hypertext
This category in other languages:
ACM Special Interest Group for Hypertext and Hypermedia and the Web
- Host of annual, international conferences since 1987. Access to full papers from the conferences in the ACM digital library, in addition to newsletters and conference information.
- Answers to questions frequently asked in alt.hypertext and references to other online resources about hypertext and hypermedia.
- Hypertext and hypermedia literary journal.
Cyberspace, Hypertext, & Critical Theory
- Overview of interrelations between cyberspace and information technology on the one hand and critical theory and philosophy on the other.
Digital Literature: From Text to Hypertext and Beyond
- Raine Koskimaa's PhD thesis, which develops critical approaches to reading hypertext through close readings of several hypertext fictions.
The Electronic Labyrinth
- Both utilizes and focuses upon the medium of hypertext as it relates to literature and its concrete manifestations--from palimpsests to mechanically printed books to CD-ROMs -- throughout history to the present, with speculation on the future.
Encyclopaedia and Hypertext
- Hypertext as an object of philosophical reflection. The three main research topics are From Encyclopaedia to Hypertext, Hypertext and Text Theory, and The Image Atlas of Aby Warburg.
- Forum whose aim is to introduce hypertext and hyperfiction to the Spanish-speaking public. Includes some articles in English.
ht_lit Mailing List
- Instructions on how to join ht_lit, a low-traffic but valuable list a lot of hypertext theorists are members of.
The Hypertext Kitchen
Hypertext Resources at Eastgate
- Resource list by specialists in hypertextual fiction and theory.
Indra's Net or Hologography
- Introduction to some of the work in 'machine modulated poetry' which John Cayley has been developing since the late 1970s.
Lisbeth Klastrup: A Study of Interactive Reading
- An MA thesis written in 1997 discussing, among other works, Joyce's afternoon, Moulthrop's Victory Garden and Gaarder's Sophie's World
Nestvold, Ruth: The use of the second person in electronic fiction
- Essay discussing second person narration in hypertext fiction and text adventures. First presented at the IALS conference in Freiburg in 1997.
The New Review of Hypermedia and Multimedia
- Archive of issues from this annual peer-reviewed review journal on the practical and theoretical developments in hypermedia and hypertext.
Weblog Kitchen: Hypertext Theory
- An entry point for discussion of hypertext theory, rhetoric, and related topics.
Word Circuits: New Media Poetry
- Database of listings for hypertext, cybertext, and interactive literature.
Usenet alt.hypertext -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 24, 2013 at 11:24:11 UTC -