become an editor
the entire directory
only in Performance_and_Presentation/Slams_and_Slam_Teams
Performance and Presentation
Slams and Slam Teams
Open Directory - Arts: Literature: Poetry: Performance and Presentation: Slams and Slam Teams
This category in other languages:
Poetry Slam, Inc.
- The sponsors of the National Poetry Slam provide insight into "what is a slam" as well as a thorough listing of slam venues around the United States. Site also features a "store" for purchasing books, CDs and tapes of poetry performances.
- Portal provides news on major slam competitions and links to slams, teams, and slam poets throughout the United States.
The Austin Poetry Slam
- Profiles of Austin slam poets, spoken word recordings for sale, a schedule of poetry slams in the area, and a fun primer on rules for both slam poets and judges.
- Conducts regularly scheduled poetry slams and competitions in Corpus Christi, Texas.
- Myth @ Teaism is the home of the Washington, DC's, slam team. Schedules for slams and other events are listed on the site, as well as information on the slam team members.
Michael Brown's Home Page
- Links to Slam Events in Massachusetts, particularly Boston.
New York City Slam
- Artists collective that sponsors regular poetry slams in New York City. The site features audio recordings of recent slams, and print collections of poetry from slam champions.
The Poets' Asylum
- Slam in Worcester, MA, plus information about other events. Hosts of iWPS 2005.
Providence Poetry Slam
- Home of Providence, RI's, slam team. Schedules for slams and other events are listed, as well as information on the slam team members.
San Diego Slam
- Home of the San Diego Poetry Slam, featuring a listing of upcoming events and readings, as well as information on "drift wood highway," an annual poetry anthology.
Wits End Poetry
- The what, when, where, why and how of poetry slam in Greenville, South Carolina, and the surrounding region.
- Youth Speaks organizes the National Youth Poetry Slam. The group brings young people together across community, school, and neighborhood lines through the written and spoken word.
Slams and Slam Teams
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, May 11, 2013 6:54:04 AM EDT -