become an editor
the entire directory
only in Poetry/Organizations
Arts: Writers Resources: Organizations
This category in other languages:
The Academy of American Poets
- An organization with a national membership in the United States, that supports American poets at all stages of their careers. Provides an information database on recognized contemporary poets, their educational and promotional programs, and events.
Albany Poets, Inc.
- A not-for-profit organization whose goal is to promote the poets and poetry of upstate New York. Features mission statement, poet profiles, videos and store. Albany, New York, United States.
Arizona State Poetry Society
- The ASPS strives to make poetry accessible to all through workshops and events for all ages. Mission, member benefits and branches details. Arizona, United States.
The Austin Poetry Society
- Austin affiliate of the Poetry Society of Texas and National Federation of State Poetry Societies. Contests, programs, newsletter and outreach information.
- Promotes and supports Australian poets and poetry. Includes board and staff details, programs, events, how to join, and resources. Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
Back Room Poets
- A membership society in Oxford, England, BRP holds workshops and open mic and guest readings.
Community Arts Partnership
- Championing community arts, offering support and collaboration with community groups, schools, artists, arts centres and other organizations. Includes history, projects, news and events. Belfast, Northern Ireland.
Dallas Poets Community
- An organization devoted to the craft, creation, and performance of poetry in North Texas. Information on events and membership. Dallas, Texas, United States.
Denton Poets' Assembly
- A non-profit, free, public organization that meets monthly to share poetry. Contains information on events, contests and blog. Denton, Texas, United States.
East Valley Poets
- A branch of the Arizona State Poetry Society in Tempe that welcomes poets of all ages. Dedicated to studying all forms of poetry and developing writing skills. Contains meeting details, news and activities. Tempe, Arizona, United States.
- Holds monthly meetings to read and discuss members' work and publishes a bi-annual anthology. Based in the Washington, DC. area.
Federation of Poets
- An online international organization dedicated to the promotion of poets, poetry and organizations. Burbank, California, United States.
Friendly Street Poets
- Provides a supportive venue for live performance poetry. Also publishes collections of South Australian poetry. Adelaide, Australia.
Georgia Poetry Society
- Features membership, contest and events information, and member news, meeting schedules, publications details. Alpharetta, Georgia, United States.
Gulf Coast Poets
- A chapter of the Poetry Society of Texas, meets monthly in Webster, Texas. Includes events, meeting handouts and membership details.
Howard County Poetry and Literature Society (HoCoPoLitSo)
- Community-based not-for-profit arts organization in Howard County, Maryland, that produces readings and other literary events for the general public, including students, seniors, and ethnic audiences.
Inland Empire Poets
- A poetry workshop for poets serious about improving their craft. Contains information on meetings and the workshop process. Riverside, California, United States.
The Kent and Sussex Poetry Society
- Information about the Society's open poetry competition, monthly poetry readings, workshops, retreats and other events. Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom.
Leicester Poetry Society
- Listing readings, workshops and competition details. Leicester, United Kingdom.
Montgomery County Poet Laureate Program
- The program promotes a sense of accomplishment and pride among students, artists, and citizens who compete for the position of Montgomery County Poet laureate. It benefits the county by building a long-term infrastructure for literary advancement. Hatfield, Pennsylvania, United States.
- Community-based organization established to promote the spoken word in the San Francisco Bay area through publications, open mikes and slams. San Francisco, California, United States.
The National Association for Poetry Therapy
- Information about poetry as therapy, the Poetry Therapy Foundation, membership, training and education, and informative publications. Based in Louisville, Colorado, United States, but membership is open to all those who wish to promote growth and healing through language, symbol and story.
The National Federation of State Poetry Societies
- The society works independently of, and with member state poetry societies to promote poetry and poets. The site provides information about state poetry societies, sponsored poetry competitions and its convention. United States.
The Ohio Poetry Association
- Originally the Verse Writers’ Guild of Ohio, supporter of Ohio Poetry Day. Chapters sponsor student poetry contests, including school competitions. Includes membership information and events. Columbus, Ohio, United States.
Olympia Poetry Network
- Nonprofit, charitable organization dedicated to increasing literary awareness and appreciation of poetry for those living at the south end of Puget Sound. Olympia, Washington, United States.
The Ontario Poetry Society
- Support and encouragement for all aspects of poetry including writing, performing and publishing. There are branches throughout Ontario, and auxiliary branches located in Edmonton, Alberta and Ladysmith, British Columbia, Canada.
Oregon Poetry Association
- Welcomes all poets, regardless of publishing history, academic background, and writing experience. Portland, Oregon, United States.
Poems and Pints at the Lorelei
- Meets at The Lorelei Hotel, Esplanade Avenue. Evenings are informal and all those with an interest in poetry are welcome to attend. Contains meeting information and directions. Porthcawl, Bridgend, United Kingdom.
Poetic Research Bureau
- A non-profit collective situated in the Glendale area of northeast Los Angeles. It hosts a reading series for visiting poets and writers. California, United States.
Poetry Ireland/Éigse Éireann
- The national organization for poetry in Ireland, serving all 32 counties. Contains staff list, news, and resources. Based in Dublin, Ireland.
The Poetry Society
- Arts organization representing British poetry both nationally and internationally, with a mission to advance the study, use and enjoyment of poetry. Publications, advice, funding and education. London, United Kingdom.
Poetry Society of America
- Non-profit organization devoted to fostering and promoting poetry. Contains membership details, mission statement and news. New York, New York, United States.
Poetry Society of Oklahoma
- Mission is to encourage members in improving knowledge and skill in writing and reading of poetry. Site offers membership information, poetry contests and events. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States.
Poetry Society of Texas
- Founded to promote public recognition of the art of poetry, and encourage writing of poetry by Texans. Offers outreach program, education and publication opportunities, fellowship and support to members. Contains information about membership, events, programs and contests, and list of member chapters in the state. Garland, Texas, United States.
The Poetry Society of Virginia
- Encourages excellence in the writing and appreciation of poetry by sponsoring writing contests, reading contests, workshops, open readings and guest readers at meetings throughout the state. Virginia, United States.
- New Jersey poetry events, news, poetry and profiles. United States.
The Red Room Company
- Aims to create, produce and distribute poetry, by new and emerging Australian writers, to the public, in unusual ways. Sydney, Australia.
The Sheppey and Sittingbourne Writer's Group
- Promoting the work of young and older poets. News of events, competitions, new writing and a meeting place for Swale writers. based on the Isle of Sheppey, Sheerness, United Kingdom.
Suffolk Poetry Society
- Offers numerous events, mostly in the county of Suffolk; an annual poetry competition, a postal portfolio group, in which members share and critique their poems. Includes membership information, poetry, books for sale and photographs. Suffolk, United Kingdom.
UNESCO: 21 March - World Poetry Day
- The declaration of World Poetry Day, March 21. Documentary heritage information.
Utmost Christian Writers
- A nonprofit organization that offers support, encouragement and resources specific to poets, contests (many free of charge), market lists and instructional articles. Focus is on Christian poetry. Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
The Ver Poets of St. Albans
- Encourages writing and the study of poetry with postal membership and meetings. Contact details, membership information and activities. St Albans, United Kingdom.
Whatcom Poetry Series
- The Poet As Art program offers free readings featuring distinguished Pacific Northwest poets, workshops and a contest. Features board of directors list and how to donate. Bellingham, Washington, United States.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 17, 2015 at 5:35:08 UTC -