become an editor
the entire directory
only in In_Translation/Middle-Eastern
Open Directory - Arts: Literature: Poetry: In Translation: Middle-Eastern
Hebrew and Yiddish Poetry Translated by Karen Alkalay-Gut
- Yehuda Amichai, Asher Reich, and Yossl Birstein.
Iranian Poets in English
- Poems, prose, articles, short stories, interviews. Translations from modern Persian poets such as Shamloo, Nima, Forough.
Iranian Women Poets
- Extracts from their poetry.
Life & Poetry of Hafiz
- Divan-e Hafiz (Hafez) in Persian and English, Fal-e Hafiz (divination by the oracle of Shiraz), biography, picture gallery and links.
- Poem by Shahnaz A'lami (*1921) in English translation.
The Songs of Hafiz
- Dedicated to the great fourteenth century poet Hafiz of Shiraz. Includes biographical and descriptive information concerning Hafiz and his poetry with sample translations.
Translations from Rabie Abdel-Halim's Poetry
- English and Turkish translations of Professor Rabie Abdel-Halim's "Talismans' Clues". The Arabic poem is a reply to "Talismans", by the American Lebanese poet Ilia Abu Madhi.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 21:27:32 UTC -