become an editor
the entire directory
only in In_Translation/Japanese
Open Directory - Arts: Literature: Poetry: In Translation: Japanese
Arts: Literature: World Literature: Japanese: Poetry
Classical Japanese Poetry
- Poems from Manyoshu, Kokinshu, and Genji, in English, romaji and Japanese script, with explanation of classical grammar. New poems added weekly.
Haiku for People!
- Haiku poetry by Japanese masters in English translation and how to write haiku.
Hass on Haiku
- Selected Basho and Issa haiku translated into English by U.S. Poet Laureate Robert Hass, along with excerpts from his introduction to "The Essential Haiku".
Ogura Hyakunin Isshu: 100 Poems by 100 Poets
- Complete online text of the classical Japanese anthology of waka or tanka, with the originals in Japanese characters, romanji, and English translation available in a side-by-side-by-side display format.
The Pillow Book - The Poems
- These 13 poems were written by a lady in waiting at the Japanese Heian Dynasty Imperial Court at the very end of the 10th century and they were the core of director P. Greenaway's film "The Pillow Book".
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 21:27:32 UTC -